Do you believe in god?

whats your reasons for believing or not believing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes i do.

Why? Because i came to this belief based on reason and logic. Christianity provides a coherent basis for trusting our cognitive faculties as reliable sources for discerning truth. An atheist materialist belief system doesn't provide that, in fact it pulls the rug by which its own belief rests on. Evolution pretty much contradicts naturalism. An atheist reductionist aapproach to knowledge pretty much shuns any capacity to understand the world sufficiently.

It dismantles scholastic meta physics, sociology, history, science etc in favour of atheistic reductionism, materialism and scientism which shapes its beliefs rather than the other way around.

Logically i can be a Christian and believe in reason precisely because I'm a Christian. There is in fact contrary evidence against atheism than supporting. Part of what made me become a christian was the historicity abs abundance of data

Or as c. s Lewis put it
    "“Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It’s like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. But if I can’t trust my own thinking, of course I can’t trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God.”

- C. S. Lewis

Something that's been widely recognised in biology for centuries now.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z3CsCOAl2KI&t=247
    "With me the horrid doubt arises whether the convictions of a man's mind which if arisen as a result of random processes, no different to that of a monkey is of any reliability at all" ~ Darwin

Although lacking in philosophy to understand this dilemma. Its interesting to note Dawkins even recognises this
    "There is no such thing as free will in a naturalist universe, we're nothing more than a random collection of atoms, dancing to the tune of our dna" ~ river of Eden, Dawkins

Refer to my answer here
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1169634-a-question-for-the-atheists-of-gag-how-can-you-possibly-know-that

• "There is in fact contrary evidence against atheism than supporting"
      Such as?

• I don't have the time to go through every single unlisted and unrequested detail you didn't request me to answer so try to be more specific.

I'll give you a summary for now.
      ~ the evolutionary argument against naturalism (the belief held by the majority of atheists)
      ~ we lack reason to believe scientism, science doesn't support and neither does any academic of knowledge
      ~ atheism relies on reason to have any basis in validity. Something that if atheism is true, reason and logic is wishful thinking. Including the beliefs the atheist formed that lead them to hold the beliefs they hold to begin with. Evolution in the unguided sense isn't concerned with truth. Just survival and we have many supposedly evidential facts to prove that.
      ~ the atheist claim that we're atheists from birth is invalid. The largest ever study conducted on this topic was done by Oxford and found the complete opposite. To the contrary we have to be indoctrinated ourt of faith. .. which generally happens anyway

• Most atheist converts become atheists in their Adolescents with an adolescent thinking pattern between the ages of 12 to 19. More recent studies found the God wiring in our brains.
      ~ there's the fact that when atheists attempt to go into serious academic institutes. .. they insufficiently cannot only maintain their own worldview. They borrow from the Christian. In philosophy this happens when they go into ethics and objective morality. In science they take the belief in the ineligibility of the universe and take their reasoning capabilities for granted without a thought for consideration.

What Guys Said 23

• I do not believe, because Theists have failed to provide sufficient evidence or arguments for their position. I see no necessity for a deity, and reality doesn't seem to point towards there being one.

• got one for you what created your family?

• the question is do you believe in God the answer you gave is no, just trying to find out if you actually know why? lol bc something created everything. The molecules anything anyone wants to try to name was created in some way shape or form so your also falls apart. You keep dodging that question. Not attacking you just trying to make sure you understand what you dont believe!

• I gave you my reason why - Theists have failed to provide evidence or arguments for their god.
      Saying 'You don't know everything, therefore god' isn't a convincing argument.

Surely you see the gap between attacking abiogenesis and an argument that actually supports your god?
      You keep going to this 'Something created everything'. But you are yet to expand on what that has to do with a diety.

I don't believe you're attacking me. I understand what I don't believe - it's just not convincing.
      I don't think you understand evolution, abiogenesis or Atheism, to be honest. You behave as if you think they're all linked and interconnected. They're not.

• No. Because if every civilization's pantheons and beliefs have been false and have become fantasy, who's to say that the Judeo-Christian faith---and all others which bear resemblance to it---aren't false and therefore a fantasy as well?

I respect those with faith. I respect that they have something spiritually sacred to hold on to, but it just doesn't make sense to me. People need something to hold on to to quell their fears, to comfort them, to give them hope. And if God is what they invest all these things into, then good for them. It just isn't for me.

• Nope but I do believe in @Mycsph *hailing her name now... and bowing* <3

• I don't - I could never prove to myself that he/she existed.

• Yes, I do believe in god.

• Being in a very scientific world as today.. there is no "proof" of the concept. Not even a small hint or clue that such a "being" could exist. at least NOW there is not a way to do so, which may or may not change.
    Meaning all the accumulated counterproof leads to: "It's in our heads"

And please don't come with counterarguements like "But the Bible says..." :)

• I don't. It's the opium of the people.

• No, I don't. It just doesn't make sense, just take a look at the state the world is in.

• But we made it to this state :( God has given us "free will" so it is up to us how we take care of our planet. God loves us more than possible. :) It is in our hand how our planet will end, people should change it is right time to it.

• @Hippppo confirmed? Who confirmed that?

• Many scientist did research and yep they prooven it. But some of them can say oposite. But I am 100% sure that there is something after life.

• Yes, because I have a difficult time believing all of the design I see around me happened by accident like someone threw a jigsaw puzzle up in the air and it came down assembled.

• Yes I believe in God why because of the organisation if the universe.

If you have a trillion explosions in a car junk yard you wouldn't get a brand new Mercedes Benz c-class
    To think the the universe came by random chance is absurd to me

• Same question was already asked by another user also. My answer at that was No , and now it is Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That all :)

• I don't, because the idea does not make sense.

Even if I could get past that hangup, none of the gods mentioned in the religions I've come into contact with aren't worthy of worship in my opinion.

• Good and evil need to say more if you don't no god then you no the devil this world is in a bad place and evil is every were so have a great life and try to keep safe because evil is everywhere.

You need to have something that will bring you salavtion from this very very evil world.

• I'm Catholic. Enough said.

• no, I haven't seen any proof so I don't believe

• in my opinion god is nothing more than the freudian superego, which is real.

• I used to but not anymore.

• Yes, I see many people prayers get answered especailly my own.

• Yes i do :)

• Hell NOooo.

• yea what about you sister?

• Yes I do : )

My reason? I just believe.

• I am religious

What Girls Said 13

• I don't, because there is no proof and the whole concept seems silly to me.

• Not even a little. I have yet to see any unequivocal empirical evidence that suggests there is a god. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest there isn't one either, but quite frankly I don't care.

• I don't need god (s) for being good, if I need god (s) for being good then I'm not a good person, just pursuing promises and gifts. I don't need them. They only teaching hate and war to the people like they always do :/

• I do. But I don't believe in religion.

• Yeah I think God is real

• Nope, because it doesn't make any sense

• I believe in god based on my personal experiences.

• Yes, I've been a Christian since childhood and some things are just can't be explained by science.

• Nope but I know he's up there

• Yes, I believe in God and in Christ, but not in organized religion.

• I think it could be possible that God exists. I am not religious, though. I treat others the way I'd like to be treated and try to be a good person.

• I believe in God I read the bible but don't like going to church you can praise and love him without saying things you don't wish in that moment and I believe in him because many miracles have happened mostly in my life and I know there's someone superior to anybody in the Universe :)

• I believe in a higher power but attributing human traits like judgment to it is just too silly for me. So is following holy scripture, it's akin to the Magic Tree House, it was written by an author and is just as bonkers. lmao