What's your favourite book?

I'm addicted to books! i read almost 15 boooks per year.
One of my fabourites was the Dark Visions trilogy :D
What was your favourite? ^.^

What's your favourite book?

What was interesting about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• My textbook when I have an exam about its subject, why is it my favorite or what is interesting about it? Well in order to get an A in that exam, I have to lie to myself or I have to try very hard to convince myself that this book is my favorite and it's the most interesting book on the planet lol :)

• Hahahaha xp that's smart ;)

• Thank you nostalgia ;)

• Aw I like the sound of that :3

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG same! Except that when I have my holidays I can read a lot. I read on average 30 books per year (that is quite little compared to many avid book readers, you can see it on instagram).

One of my favourite novel is All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, it's a story about Theodore Finch who wants to commit suicide because he finds no meaning in life and Violet Markey that was devastated after her sister's death. They met each other one day and their story began. It's really impossible to list out my faves because it's just so many of em. The other one of my faves is The Selection series and The Hunger Games trilogy. I also love To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, the sequel just published recently, titled PS I Still Love You. It's an amazing read!

What genre do you love to read? My fave would be contemporary.

• I meant it to be 40* not 30, keyboard must've slided. Sorry.

• Thanks for mh my dear 😘

• No problem girly :)

What Guys Said 18

• Impossible to pick just one.

Non fiction:
    Guns, Germs, and Steel -Jarod Diamond
    Dataclysm -Christian Rudder
    A Brief History of Time -Stephen Hawking
    Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors -Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan
    Why People Believe Weird Things -Michael Shermer
    The Fatal Impact -Alan Morehead
    Goodbye Darkness -William Manchester
    Baa Baa Blacksheep -Gregory Boyington
    Unbroken -Laura Hillenbrand

Fiction:
    1984 -George Orwell
    Fatherland -Robert Harris
    1945 -Robert Conroy
    The Giver -Lois Lowrey
    Contact -Carl Sagan
    Logan's Run -William Nolan
    Island of the Blue Dolphins -Scott O'Dell
    Calculating God -Robert Sawyer
    Arc Light -Eric Harry
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy -Douglas Adams
    Three without Fear -Robert Du Soe

• My favorite book of all time is still "The Catcher in the Rye" by J. D. Salinger. I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but it's an American novel about a teenage male going through a "teenage-male" crisis and how he "hates" everything.

What was interesting about it, is as a teen male myself (the first time I read it), I could relate to Holden (the teen male and main character.) I found myself talking like him as well. I think that was the point of the novel, because it relates to young males and it was a dead accurate assessment of our brains. The ending was genius in my opinion (some people hated it though), but it wraps up the main theme of the novel.

J. D. Salinger died last year, let his soul rest in peace.

• The Holy Bible

• um so I am a huge reader but lately, my favorite is actually a 1960s classic that kind of scared me but I loved it, Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.

• Oh if you ever see me at a book store, you have my permission to have me forcibly removed because I am going to buy a book (but... then... of, forget it). The thing of it is, I have SO many books that I'll feel like a scholar if I even look at it again within the next five years :-/

At any rate, of the books that I have read, Love & Responsibility followed by Black Hawk Down.

And I'm only a few chapters in, but The Robe is pretty great as well.

• My favourite book is Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck

• I have 3 tied for my favorite, The Powder Mage trilogy, the Shadow of the Apt series, and the Temeraire series

• Sword of truth. I do like medieval stuff or something like that

• 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand, because it changed my life.

• Wheel of Time, Eragon, Stormlight Archives, Old Man's War, Forever War, Lords of Discipline, The Art of War, Revelation Space, Martian, Enders Game, to name a few. Beware most of these are sci-fi and fantasy with a strong focus on war.

• "Unbearable Lightness of Being" Milan Kundera

• I dont think I have a favourite. Never thought about that.

• Don't have a favourite but Master and Margarita from russian writer Bulgakov i think you should read

• An introduction to quantum mechanics

• The list is endless but i like the most one is sense and sensibility by jane austen

• romeo juliet is the favourite book

• 15 per year isn't exactly addicted. That's like a month for me

What Girls Said 8

• To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
    The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
    Atonement by Ian McEwan
    Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
    The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
    Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
    Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
    If I Stay by Gayle Forman
    Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
    Die a Little and Queenpin by Megan Abbott
    The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
    Death on the Nile, Endless Night, Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

• The Book Thief is my favorite! Other great ones: My Sister's Keeper, The Pact, Sweethearts, When It Happens, Diary of a Young Girl.

• In all if these books I fell in love with the characters. It's an amazing feeling when that happens.

• What she said. ^

• 😄😄😄😄

• i loved fault in our stars, misery by stephen king, the hobbit by tolkien, hunger games series, safe haven, the duff, great gatsby, however tall the mountain, cinder, 13 reasons why, i am malala,

• I really liked the Spiderwick Chronicles when I was younger. The books are a LOT less childish than the movie. They're a really easy read. I liked The Mortal Instruments and the Twilight series too.

More recently I started reading classics like The Great Gatsby (one of my all time favourites, it's just so heartbreakingly beautiful) and a lot of Oscar Wilde books. I think I'm old enough to appreciate them now. I also find russian books really interesting. They have a very unique style to them. You should read 12 chairs by Ilf and Petrov. That story changed my life!

This is not a classic, but it's a very adult book series by Diana Gabaldon called the the Outlander Series. They made a TV show out of it now, but I really recommend the books! They're fantastic.

• Right, what was interesting about these. The SC: Really cool adventure series. I read it as a kid and what appealed to me was that the main character finds a secret room in the new house that his family moves into. It turns out to be an old study and he finds out about all these magical creatures and the previous owners of the house. I always dreamed about finding a secret room like that as a kid. That was what caught my interest. :)

TMI: I mean the whole relationship between Clary and Jace. Uh, so wrong and so appealing at the same time...

The Great Gatsby: I like how Jay had this dream that he built on top of another dream (Daisy). He did everything for her and he had this undying hope of winning her over. It's such a bittersweet love story.

12 Chairs: You learn a lot about human nature and greed through this book. The ending was unexpected

Outlander:The books are full of adventure, love and history. It's genius. A WW2 army nurse gets transported back in time to 18th cent. Scotland

• Wow that's awesome! I've been wanting to read the great gatsby as well! And I probably will :D
      Thanks for telling me about these books!
      I'll definitely read 12 chairs since I loove books that are life changing.. makes me shiver while reading them :D

• Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. It's an amazing book. I can't wait for the movie release.

• A Song of Ice and Fire and anything thats Sherlock Holmes (even if its not a Arthur Doyle original)

• my favourite book is "Les malheures de sophie" .(sophie's misfortunes).

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows