Why can being out of routine mess people up?

I remember my shift pattern changed at work for a week so it meant i was doing lates for a week or so in mid march. It completely messed me up. Now something big is coming up in work again it could potentially mean im doing lates. I felt so ill cause my eating habits changed and i was out of routine. The same thing happened when i was away recently in mexico.

How do other people react to being out of routine? The same or do you handle it better?

Most Helpful Guy

• You tend to go on autopilot for repetition, get into a groove.

Shift patterns changing are the worst - you never have a chance to settle into a sleep pattern or an eating pattern. In my old job we had three shifts (morning, afternoon, and overnight). I didn't have to do nights but the people who did looked like shit sometimes, because they had just settled into one shift when the rota would move them onto the next.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• It totally throws you - The most obvious example is jet lag.