My brother said when he was in the Marines some of his squad members used to rub their ammo with pigs blood and fat. I thought it was a myth, right?

I thought it was a myth that pig's blood or anything related with pork would deny muslim's entry into heaven. Am I right or wrong? They were using them againts Iraqi insurgence raiding villages and killing innocent people for participating with the US soldiers.

Before you get angry i'm not advocating for or againts it, just wondering if its true or not.

I know they can't eat it, just like Jewish people do to the Old Testament laws that pigs are filthy but surely it doesn't cause you to lose your right to enter heaven.

Most Helpful Guy

• When would you have the time to coat your ammunition with pig blood or fat? Not to mention where you would come across pigs fat and blood while deployed. In the U. S armed forces, we keep our weapons clean to ensure they will fire when we need them too. Intentionally coating our ammunition with oil, blood or fat sounds like a bad idea that would lead to a weapons jam, or inaccuracy with our weapons. Sounds like bullshit to me. Don't believe everything you hear, we certainly didn't do that on my deployment.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe they did that but that is a waste of pig blood and they should not do that to other people's beliefs. When you fight a war it should be impersonal - you should not HATE your enemy because they are just like you - defending their parents, their children, their wives, their schools, their governments and their beliefs. You are no different from the people you kill other than your colour and race and political affiliation.

• that goes againts the total mentality of war. Thats why every soldier uses names as Kraut's, Gooks.. est.. try to de-humanize your enemy... so its easier to pull the trigger. It's a catch 22

• I'm sure some have done it and it seems logical to do it to me. I've heard stranger things about soldiers though.. specifically those in the Navy.

What Guys Said 7

• No soldier or marine is going to put anything on cartridges that might foul the action of their weapons, especially a weapon as sensitive to fouling as the M16/M4. Their lives depend on reliable feeding of rounds, so why do anything to create an issue. Pig's blood plus desert dust = MUD. Mud and M16s kinda don't get along.

• That is just propaganda

• I can see them doing that. I would have done that. It is funny and an FU to them. After all, the soldiers are there to kill and main them. It isn't fun and games.

• Yeah those guys should be in jail or worse.

• Could be true.

After all, it has a psychological effect on religious zealots.

• It's psychological warfare propaganda. They don't have the time or resources to do that shit. but i'm sure it scares some of those wacko muslims.