I Don't Understand Why Orange is The New Black is Such a Hit; Can you tell me?

I don't find this lesbian prison show interesting.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't watched it but people (mainly sexual confused straight girls) seem to be only interested in the show for Ruby Rose playing in it.

However, this obsession with Ruby Rose has gone completely out of control as people are treating her like as if she is the only "beautiful girl" in the world. I literally cannot go anywhere on the internet or real life without seeing straight girls screaming "I'M GAY FOR RUBY ROSE xoxo" which really annoys the crap out of me.

What Guys Said 8

• It is a very well written show - A lot of people enjoy it

• I like it I find most of the episodes really interesting and funny maybe you have a different taste than others like for example I dislike doctor who, Game of thrones and some other famous shows that people love to death

• It's a stupid show where all the non-prisoners are worse than the convicts. I guess the writers think that's what people think. Just watch Cops. It's way more entertaining.

• I don't know sweetie; I have never watched or seen it :)

• Beats me... I've been trying to figure it out yet.

• I watched a few episodes on netflix and found it rather dull.

• I just think women have really bad taste. How else can you explain Justin Bieber or Twilight?

• Is that cause you're Christian?

Did you hear what the u. s. did yesterday? Great, ain't it.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't either. It's gross and there's so much foul language and nudity. I think girls like it because it empowers women by making fun of men in a way. I don't know.. That show is boring and disgusting. I liked prison break WAY better.

• If you're really against gay people, I can see why you wouldn't enjoy it. There's so much of it. I like it, though. I think the dialogue is clever and funny. I think the characters, although they're criminals, are very easy to relate to. I also like that not everyone's beautiful like in most TV shows/movies. They're mostly just your average people. The show addresses controversial things and gives some people a new perspective on them. I just think it's a really good show. It's not all about the fact that they're lesbians, or that they're in prison. I kind of like that it doesn't censor many things. It's more realistic.

• But it's really over sexed though.

• By the way, I'm not against gay people. I just don't like what they do, ugh... for the love of God! It's always this way. It always comes down to this!

• That's how everything is, though. Everything is about sex now. It's realistic that a prison would be like that. I didn't say that you were against them. I was generalizing. I mean that if anything that gay people do makes a person uncomfortable that could explain why they wouldn't like that show. It has a large amount of gay people and some trans as well.

• I have never watched it despite people recommending the movie to me over and over again. I like meaningful stories about real people doing heroic things. Nothing interesting about prison inmates.

• It's well written and funny.
    And not all of the characters are lesbians. :p

• Me neither *Hi5*
    But I'm supporter of transgenders.

• Everyone in the prison has an interesting back story. You get to see their lives and how they all ended up in the same place. Its funny as well and definitely interesting.