Will white people be offended if I waved the confederate flag since Im black?

Why are white folks getting thier panties in a bunch over a stupid flag... Do you realize 30% of blacks fought for the confederacy? It was a multiracial war primarily about taxes, not slavery.. This is hoopla different from ISIS getting all butthurt over those cartoon Muhammad drawings...

. It tickles me how little you immigrants know about American history. smh

*This is hoopla no different from ISIS getting all butthurt over those cartoon Muhammad drawings...

Most Helpful Guy

• That flag's a relic. I bet a lot of crazy a$$ southern white people would be offended. The south is still so messed up. I could talk about racism for hours! Love the topic. My opinion on the matter is everyone needs to just stop acting like little b******. We're all people. It's 2015, lets get over it. Segregation is the main reason for racism. We need to be more integrated. I understand that some black people are still angry about slavery but, it didn't happen to you so, get over it. Yea it was wrong. So wrong the the country split in half & we went had our bloodiest war. Smart white men killing ignorant white (& yes I know there were black soldiers in that war but, the men that decided to go to war were white) to show them that they were wrong/evil wrong. To be alive is to be free. I'm from MA & most races get along up here. I was in FL on vacation once & seen this fine black girl in a little bodega so, I was checking her out & out of nowhere she says to me "What are looking at?" I was like, what!!! I said, "You're fine & I was checking you out." She goes, "Really? I've never had a white guy say that to me before." I couldn't believe it. So, we started talking & she could tell by my accent that I was from the south. She started telling me about how racist where she lived in FL still is. For real though, black, white, brown, short, tall, fat, skinny, gay, straight, who cares? Hating takes too much energy. Instead of hating, get a hobby. Live & let live. If someone wrongs you, you can't them but, there is no reason to hate a group of people that you don't know or have never wronged you. Hate = Ignorance. Bottom line.

What Girls Said 5

• It wouldn't bother me but it seems childish if your looking for some reaction

• Nah I think you'd offend other black people tho

• I wouldn't want to

• honestly I think they'd be confused. . but I think what the big deal is about the flag is the representation behind it to some people.. like for example the kkk. they recently sent fliers out to Hundreds of people around my area. when in middle school my brother got suspended for a couple of days for drawing the confederate flag on a paper. I can't remember what rule it broke but I sure thought he was dumb for drawing that. .

• Nope, doesn't bother me in the least

What Guys Said 14

• It's the liberal left that's crying about it. Liberals contain many others from other demographics other than just whiney white people as well. My stand point is this. Stop fucking with history and just leave it be. You know? And you're right. about your claim. It didn't have much of anything to do with slavery, but rather an effort to stand up to what was perceived to be governmental intrusion and corruption.

• And I would respect you for it, and respect your right to do it.

• What the hell 30 percent of blacks did not fight for the confederacy I don't know where the hell you got that statistic from and yes while the war wasn't only about slavery slavery was still a huge part of it and any historian with a brain will recognize that that is just a fact plain and simple and also FYI the confederates didn't let blacks into their army by the way that's just a plain fact and the flag while the history of it might not be racist the flag is still a syombol of racism and is used by many racist people so the flag is still racist do whatever the hell you want but I don't know why on earth as a black person you are rooting for the confederates that is like a turkey being a fan of Thanksgiving

• There will always be a minority of boneheads will react badly to things

• I think this is at least your 2nd question this week related to some kind of flag.
    Why it's such a big deal to you?

I personally am very proud whenever I show off flag of a Russian Empire and I don't really care what anyone thinks, even though it's usually associated with far-right (while I'm centre-right).
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../coverd.jpg

• I got a mostly-hostile reaction earlier, curious how you'll turn out:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1559723-confederate-flag-controversy-a-modern-day-book-burning

• It's a little different than the Mohammad thong, but I get your point. As for offending white people, that's a good thing.

• I would think you're a sad sad person. Not because you're black but because you believe in something as silly as southern pride.

• Try it out and see what happens

• You can waive whatever flag you want dude. Im white and i couldnt give any fucks at what you do. I wouldn't even notice you ao do whatever you want.

• No I'd respect you brother.

• I am Asian, and I support the rights to fly that flag.

• see I said the same thing on a different question and people hated me for it

• If more folks knew the Truth about the war of northern aggression and that flag, we wouldn't be having this argument in this country. Ever heard the saying, the victors write history? I'd be more than happy to elaborate I'd need be.

• I don't care what you do. I would just think your an idiot because anyone that has or associates with the confederate flag acts like a loser