What is incognito exactly?

so my parents get a weekly email with all the stuff I've been searching on the internet. but if I wanted to search something embarassing like period stuff or personal stuff, can I open it in an incognito window, and will that make it so my parents don't get it in the weekly email?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily. Incognito just doesn't record your search history, but I think that email thing would bypass Incognito.
    So I doubt you're safe.
    Like, my parents have the Web Guard for our phone data plan, so if I visit a site that's blocked, it's still blocked in Incognito.

So yeah, don't count on Incognito protecting you.

• thanks! I guess I can deal with my parents seeing me look up vagina facts ;P

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know how thorough your parents program is that tracks your whereabouts, but it is well known and proven that incognito is no full-proof. They could have an app in the computer that tracks you separately, or if they r tracking the router history, u have no control over that from your computer. That is when they view the history of all the internet devices in your house using your wifi box.

• It doesn't appear in your browser's history, but I'm not sure whether it appears or not ¡n that e-mail you're talking about.

What Girls Said 2

• Why/how do your parents get that exactly? Do they pay extra or does that happen with everyone?

• it won't show up in your history tab.