Guys, what do you think of a 15 year old girl joining the football team?

I want to play football I always have and I'm in good shape and I'm a tuff tomboy that loves to get down and dirty. So what would you think of a 15 year old girl joining the football team?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... Have fun. Honestly, I wouldn't care. If you wanna do it, then do it. But I will tell you what the football players going against you will think.

"Pfft Haha! Is that a girl? Oh c'mon, this is gonna be too- Wait why's she coming after me? Ah, I can take a g-" *Knocked flat on his back and seeing stars, and you weren't even slowed down. "... What just happened?"

That was mostly meant for a joke. But in all honesty, people will either be weirded out or possibly taunt you. Don't let it get to you. I'm sure that you'll not only do fine, but you'll knock them in a loop. Have fun.

What Guys Said 17

• Would you never make it on my HS team, thats for sure, we won state 3 years ago and always get really far...

Maybe if you come from a small town that needs an extra player they might let you on
    In all honesty, its difficult because well, football is a predominantly male spot and you would have to break a norm in order to play

I say you give it a try and hope for the best

• I think it is a great idea

• I think it is foolish but I would say that if you were a GUY! I have known dozens of people who sustained life-long injuries from high school football---torn meniscuses, hyperextended or ruptured disks, torn ligaments and muscle attachments, concussions---the list read like “fundamentals in trauma.”

We are just now beginning to understand the significance of early blunt force injuries to the brain.

Save yourself for the road ahead. It’s a long one.

• I think schools should have the same number of female athletes as male, and all sports should be coed, with equal numbers of all sexes participating all the time.

• Be safe and informed about what your doing is what part of me thinks. The other part of me thinks it's awesome that you wanna play. I'd advised against it, but if you go for it good luck making the team.

• Why do you care what we think?
    I think she's a tomboy which is a turn off for me and she's fifteen which is another turnoff.

• Do it. There's nothing that says you can't just because you're a girl. If someone says otherwise, pull out Title 9 :). Then they CAN'T tell you no.

• If you're good enough to be on the team, why not?

• Where a helmet, get checked for concussions after every hit to the head, expect brain damage later in life in any case.

Football often does irreparable damage to the body that may have instant consequences or may not show up until years later.

• Is she good at it? Lots of people think they're tough... you seriously have to be tough to be on a football team... there's also no value in trying out unless you know how to play football and the rules and have a decent skill set.

• I grew up with three older brothers and three older sisters I'm the baby of the family so I'm very tough

• ok. how about ur football skills? if you're good at it (whatever position you wish to play) you can try out and won't look like a fool... if ur bad at football it won't matter how tough you are... good luck if you do try out :)

• yeah i would be proud of her as a father! but i am not a father will be in next 10 years i guess... :P

• I see no problem. Though you might not make varsity till you are a senior.

• Go for it ;)

• Go ahead, if that's what you want to do

• Well dykeshave their rights too and now good news you can get married to another woman when you are older. I dont see why not

• You get hurt, you asked for it

• I can't stand American football