Do you look at the age of the asker or opinion giver when you answer a question or read an opinion?

Does it matter when taking in advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• yes, always. If it is a sexual question and the age indicates a younger person, I keep the answer simple and practical. If the person is older, I may comment on the morality or give advice of a more intimate nature. If the asker is older than 30 I am more demanding of responsibility and maturity.

What Guys Said 12

• nah I just read away, start typing and hit submit before my better judgment kicks in.

• if they are anon and under 18 i tend to assume they are like 13 so i usually just dont comment at all, depending on the subject

• I look at my age before answering on sex related questions

I don't think it matters... You can check the age, but you should always check the advice that's been given, you never know.
    Prejudging isn't good

• I do try to consider age and it seems we have a teenage audience. So if I do decide to respond, I will better be able to come up with something a bit more age appropriate.

• I like that. 👍👍

• Yes... It does... But sometimes

• Yes definitely; different sensitivities apply when responding to people of differing ages.

• Yes always, i don't give my opinion if they under 18, specially sex questions.

• It depends on context if sexual or a How do I look - Will definitely change how I answer

• nope age doesn't define maturity or wisdom! :P

• i look at their ages. because age matters in terms of many things. if they're young, i try to be more positive. if they're average age, i tell the truth without softening it :)

• ofcourse i do. sometimes it matters becuase the aged ones have more experience in the issue.

• Sometimes. If it's under 18 and sexual, I don't answer/report. Otherwise, whatever.

What Girls Said 7

• Nope...
    It doesn't. I always answer honestly and fully. Hopefully any age group can accept that and learn from it.

• i do it sometimes for questions.. it is different if a 30 year old is asking the questions.. or a 15 year old.. so i like to keep it mind when i give my opinion.. but this happens sometimes.. as for opinion giver... i dont care what the age is.. all are welcome.. :)

• lol no i dont actually, unless it's like a ridiculously stupid question.

• I usually do. Sometimes I forget to.

• nope i don't pay attention to it

• Not really. I don't pay attention to age that much unless I visit their profile.

• I do and it does matter to me.