African Americans in Soviet Russia?

So I just discovered this phenomenon and Im really looking forward to find more about this documentary.
Black americans who emigrated to Russia in 20s-30s. I think this kind of things should be included in Black History Month too.
(mind blowing, as for me personally)
dont know maybe you guys knew about this before?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very interesting - First I heard of that

What Guys Said 2

• Are they still there? I've never meant a Black person from Russia, only french, African, N/A and chinese.

• Yes they live there. a lot of African students came there later too, in 70-80s, their mixed kids are married to russians with no problems now, I have learnt a lot.
      Check out RUDN University in Moscow.
      What it means and who studies there.

• Yeah, like eight of them lol. I have been there a few times and never saw one.

• 8 just in this documentary...

What Girls Said 3

• Wow! I love this! Thank you for sharing it.

• I know that Russians never enslaved blacks.

• Africans were enslaved by some, Not all, western european countries for work in their new land in Americas. So obvioulsy, they as a lot of other europeans, have nothing to do with transatlantic slavery.

• I really hope this topic gets special mention from the mods:) Well done!

• Looks interrsting but I figured there were blacks everywhere or just about. Especially in all of Europe

• Yes but its different, the reasons the came to Russia.

• I see what you mean.
      Black History needs to be updated in schools =_= there's a lot they dont talk about still. You have to educate yourself if you want to know anything else.

• "In Russia, we call it bullshit"