African Americans in Soviet Russia?

So I just discovered this phenomenon and Im really looking forward to find more about this documentary.
Black americans who emigrated to Russia in 20s-30s. I think this kind of things should be included in Black History Month too.
(mind blowing, as for me personally)
dont know maybe you guys knew about this before?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Very interesting - First I heard of that

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Are they still there? I've never meant a Black person from Russia, only french, African, N/A and chinese.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes they live there. a lot of African students came there later too, in 70-80s, their mixed kids are married to russians with no problems now, I have learnt a lot.
      Check out RUDN University in Moscow.
      What it means and who studies there.

• Yeah, like eight of them lol. I have been there a few times and never saw one.

1|0
    0|0
    • 8 just in this documentary...

What Girls Said 3

• Wow! I love this! Thank you for sharing it.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know that Russians never enslaved blacks.

• Africans were enslaved by some, Not all, western european countries for work in their new land in Americas. So obvioulsy, they as a lot of other europeans, have nothing to do with transatlantic slavery.

• I really hope this topic gets special mention from the mods:) Well done!

• Looks interrsting but I figured there were blacks everywhere or just about. Especially in all of Europe

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes but its different, the reasons the came to Russia.

• I see what you mean.
      Black History needs to be updated in schools =_= there's a lot they dont talk about still. You have to educate yourself if you want to know anything else.

• "In Russia, we call it bullshit"

0|0
    1|0