What if feminism really about?

Some feminists confuse me. A feminist believe in equality between men and women right? So why is it that almost every grown un feminist I know, keep telling me that women should rule the world? Why do these so called 'feminists' hate men, when they're supposed to try and be equal? I'm getting really confused about what feminism really is about, whats your opinion?
My opinion is that men and women are different physicly and mentally. And as long as we are differen I believe, we are going to be treated differently, we need ti be treated differently.
But then again I'm young and don't really know shit so yeah...

Please exuse my english!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to use a fried called the dictionary. Misandrist: one who hates men

Feminist: one who believes in the social, political and economic equality of the sexes.
    So next time you see someone referring female dominance over men remember that they're not really feminists they're just misandrists. So they're either lying or don't understand te proper terminology.
    I'm a feminist an I don't think women have to or should rule the world but I think it's be cool to see. Who hasn't wondered what the world would be like today if the tables were turned? I'm not pro female dominance in any way but I just think seeing the differene in today if that had happened.
    Yes men and women are different but because we're different doesn't mean one should be allowed to work and the other not, one should be able to vote and te other not, basically no one should be given certain rights or have rights taken away because of their gender.
    I just want my daughter I not feel like her attractiveness is the only thing she should place her self worth in. I want my so t to know that is 100% okay to cry and show emotion because there's nothing wrong with that. I don't want to see the terms feminine and masculine used in deragatory way because both have awesome traits we could all use. I want other women to not be afraid to stand up for themselves and to be more aggressive in the work force. I don't want a woman deemed bossy just because she tries to be a leader. I want trans people to be identified by their proper noun.

• I fully agree with what your writing.

• If your a female to make transgender then you should be identified as he or him when people refer to you because that's how they choose to identify.
      If they're a a male to female transgender then you should refer to them as she or her because that's once again how they identify.

• Oh okay Thanks

What Guys Said 14

• "My opinion is that men and women are different physically and mentally. And as long as we are different I believe, we are going to be treated differently, we need ti be treated differently."

You may be young, but ironically... you are completely right, yet a lot of brainwashed "adults" will try to convince you that you are wrong. It's quite funny to hear a young underage girl being smarter than over 30 years old women lol.

This exactly what feminism is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5zrdTb-yI

• this is a form of gender inequality
    men ruled so they want to rule them end of story

• Feminism is a fascist ideology that lusts for power, control and advantages without any responsibilities whatsoever.

Simple.

• The word feminism has been spoiled by greedy man haters. Sure you can try and reclaim it for what it really is but you'll most likely be unsuccessful. It's too far gone at this stage. I think we should find a new word for the meaning. Feminism is a word that focuses on females. We need something that focuses on both genders equally. Today men can have it hard too.

• Feminists had the right idea that they should be treated equal, which is right.
    But it has become an movement, that you expressed, that women should be above men.
    That is why it is confusing.
    They got what they wanted and now they want more.

• I think everyone should be treated equally

• They've just been brainwashed by liberal media beyond repair. The solution is to outsource our baby ovens, I mean women, from more conservative countries. Long live the Confederacy.

• They're a bunch of evil, parasitic, commie bitches.

• About being treated equally

• You're asking on the wrong website. The majority hate feminism. You're better off doing your own research or better yet, ask a real feminist.

• Feminists, myself included (and yes, I'm a guy) are about equal treatment, feminazi, however, is when women think they're better than men or even think they don't need us. And well that's where I draw the line. I'm all about equal rights but when you start thinking you're better thank us, it's too much

• Empowerment, Freedom, and chocolate!

• Feminism has an extensive propaganda network, saying they are for equality. Like all propaganda this is a LIE. They just get people to say it over and over again and then shame anyone who doesn't agree with them into submission. "feminists are for equality" or "not all feminists are like that" so they want you to ignore what you observe and mindlessly fall in line. This is what everyone hears, but within the movement as you have noticed its all "women are superior" and "men are evil"

There are some that even sound reasonable, I'm sure some will post here. The thing is even though not ALL feminists are like that the one that run the movement ARE 100% like that. Which is why the movement itself is evil.

While I do believe there are differences, those differences should be understood and respected. They should not be hated by anyone. Any MOVEMENT that perpetuates the hate, even though there might be some members that don't believe that is a movement that should not exist!

• Feminists believe in equality of men and women.
    The 'feminists' you speak of are just extremists who claim to be feminists when they are not. Normal feminists don't hate men any differently to how they hate women.

What Girls Said 4

• Well if you want a neutral view on feminism this is not the best place to find it. There are many people, like you, that doesn't really know What its really about. Im a feminist, but I dont hate men at all and I do not think women should rule the world. I simply want to be viewed and treated equal to men and vice versa..

Ofc there are some feminist that do belive that women should rule the world, but there will always be extremits.. Just look at religion

• I think you're exaggerating enormously. I have never ever once heard a woman say women should rule the world. Normal women who support the feminist movement don't say this.

Men and women are different, you're right, but when it comes to non-gender specific things we should be treated equally. You shouldn't give someone special treatment because of their gender. people are people regardless of what is between their legs.

• I'm really not, there are women out there that think women should rule the world and some of them do call themselvse feminists. I do agree that when it comes to non-gender specific things we should be treated equally.

• There are actually women who believe that 90% of men should be wiped off and the rest use for sperm farming.

• @DaveyYourFavey I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm doubting her claim theatre majority of adult feminists have this view.

• This is something you should read up on. Inform yourself and then we can talk. Before that, no. I'm not responsible for your education.

• Then you could just ignore this question, no need for you to write, if you're not going to write something thats usefull to me... Thanks tho :)

• Unfortunately the term Feminist has been used as a synonym for man haters and that's not what Feminist are about. Every growth have some who take the cause too far but you can't blame the entire group on a few people that give Feminist a bad name. The reason people know more about the negative people's actions is because those are the ones that get the most media attention.