Is this proper english? Does this sentence make sense?

Hi, English is not my mother tongue therefore apologies. I want to put a motivational sign at a marathon:

"Keep on dragging..[...]"

can you say that in English? Does that make sense? I am not trying to use the most perfect way of saying it, just want sth which is supposed to lift them up at the last miles when its getting hard... like "pull through"

thank you in advance!

dragging in terms of dragging yourself (your body) through the race. not sth behind you. or can you use dragging only in terms of dragging sth with you?
Thank you everyone, you helped me a lot! I understand that this term has a very negative connotation. So I think, I will write sth like "quit the dragging, start the bragging"or "no more dragging, just pure bragging"..(I wanted it to rhyme, that's why) but I will consider your opinions and might go for sth different. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, it doesn't come across as motivating.

If I said something like, "I had to drag myself to the finish line", it would mean that it was difficult to get to the finish line because I was so exhausted.

But "Keep on dragging" doesn't really come across as, "Keep going, even if you're exhausted!", but more like, "Keep being exhausted!" You probably want to avoid words that emphasize or remind a person of their feelings of tiredness.

A more motivating statement might be, "Keep up the pace!"

What Guys Said 7

• It makes sense, but based on the context, it would be better to write something like, "Keep on pushing." We often use "pushing" to connote pushing toward a goal or objective, often against difficult or grinding circumstances.

• The word "pushing " would be better than "dragging " dragging would be unusual most people associate dragging with pulling a heavy weight and wouldn't find it motivational more confusing.

• hahaah , sry for laughing... this made my day... English is not my mother tongue but no , this is a bad sign... You drag a dead body... or you drag yourself while you are heavily wounded... What language do you speak? I know translations are hard sometimes , I myself have said many stupid things this days while trying to learn proper German...

• hahaha, well... there we go. german is my mother tongue. :-) but your reference "you drag yourself while you are heavily wounded" fits quite well to people at the end of marathons. I used dragging, since I want it to rhyme with bragging.

• hahaha , Deutsch... schaise... Am Sonntag ich fahre nach Deutschland , Leipzig :P yeah , google translator sometimes make very bad translations from German to English and vice versa... I know that from personal experience... and Ich weiss , that people are dragging at the end of a marathon. I ran half marathon... and boy was I tired... rhyming... come on post what you wroth , maybe I can help

• keep on dragging? yeah it makes sense if dragging is involved.

• Well, you used some short cuts that are not proper.
    Hi is spoken and not written most often.
    you might speak as that first sentence reads but in written English , you need a semicolon or a period before apologies. And it would read "I offer my apologies." The second sentence, while a bit unclear, is proper English .

• Oh, if the sign were to read, "Keep going!" or "Don't give up!" it would indicate your intention. Dragging means that you are wearing down or giving up to exhaustion.

• I would just say "Keep On Going"

• Keep on dragging what?

What Girls Said 5

• Hi, I'm English so I've had about 19 years experiencing and learning it :) I think that it does make sense, but we'd be more likely to say 'keep on going' rather than keep on dragging. So it's not wrong, it's just not what we'd really say :)

• I'd say keep going!

• Yes I guess it makes sense

• Keep dragging on maybe or keep going you can do it

• it makes sense.