Does anyone else think we should get rid of the federal government?

What good does it actually do? it is one big mess in washington, pollitics come before actually helping people. i think we would be better off if we just went to state level government.

Most Helpful Girl

• No because we need a coordinating agency to figure out things like international trade, defense, etc. We tend to think the federal government is more powerful than it is (for instance, something can be federally legal but you still can't do it in certain states) because it's what we always hear about in the news, or so I assume. Having no federal government would, I assume, lead to war or at least major conflicts as tiny resource-dry states tried to team up with bigger ones, God forbid.
    There's no reason not to have one especially since we're not like Europe - the states are historically cooperative (excellt during the civil war) and share culture and language to a large degree.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree. But all I have to say is that if the federal government begins to make huge changes, (take guns from the people, take God out of the pledge of allegiance) Then I am out of here!!

• Yes lets burn it down
    Burn it down to the ground

• We should get rid of ever government in the world. Full stop.

What Guys Said 9

• We need the feds to keep everybody in line. The crazy reactions from right wingers to this week's supreme court edicts just show we really need to keep a close eye on them. We're better off having the CIA and military watching them than trying to find imaginary threats in foreign countries where we don't belong.

• Might as well have 50 independent countries then.

• 0|0
  • If we get rid of the federal government thing will decline. Federally mandated safety equipment in machines will go away. Also welfare and government assistance will die too.

• Wait what ok nvm

• welfare and government assistance go out the window for all I care, and the states can take over safety equipment mandates

• Well the Confederacy tried that, and that's probably why they want to get rid of that flag before we get any bright ideas.

• Well they no longer respect the constitution and they no longer represent the people. Yes.

• Amen. Long live the Confederacy!

• The federal government is fine. It just needs to back off and let states govern themselves. We should also abolish income taxes and the Federal Reserve Act (which sold our country out to international banking families).

We did just fine before 1913.

• Oh shut up.

How about this, retard: when it comes to matters of international nature (such as a fucking war), who do you want in charge of fucking diplomacy, nuclear warheads, etc? Individual states?

Fucking retarded.

Pay your goddamned taxes, and let me guess, you're outraged at the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage. Just piss off you fucking redneck.