Unborn baby's father in jail and need financial help?

I put my now ex boyfriend in jail for physical abuse to me while I was seven months pregnant. I don't know how long he will be in jail for, but I am sure he will not be out in the next two months when our child is born and I don't plan on getting back together with him. Before I put him in jail we were living together in an apartment he was not on the lease but he split rent and all the main bills with me. we were going to move out in October, but now those plans have changed due to him being in jail and I need help paying my rent and bills for these next 4 month. If I know he has money in his bank accounts (It's not much about $700 but it would still help), could I get legal access to that money as his form of support even though I am not on the account with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Live in MN? My mother does and still gets child support. As far as I'm aware of, MN is helpful with stuff like that. Try contacting LSS, they're very helpful.

• you mean your father is in jail, but your mom is still receiving child support without him earning an income?

• Sorry, I meant my mom lives in MN and we still get child support, despite him not earning a reasonable income for himself.

But try contacting LSS. They're very helpful, I know from experience.

What Guys Said 6

• 0|0
    • I live in Minnesota, but I can't open the statue guideline for it

• There are state programs and charities out there that can help you get the money you need as well. So, you should call 211 and start there. Because the people you will talk to should have access to a lot of info that you could really use.

• I love how women always have babies with these abusive douchebags. Every asshole I know who has been to jail has kids by at least three different bitches and the nice guys I know have to settle for fat chicks after they've had kids with those losers.

• You know nothing of her life in general, why she was with him, how he was before this happened, how they were before this happened, and if its happened before as well as multiple other factors. Therefor, you cannot possibly assume anything about her but what she told us.

• well thank you very much CityBoy773. I would like you all to have a better insight on this. My ex partner and I had a very good relationship, he was an amazing guy. But I'm not your average girl. I will be honest, I asked for a lot and was always happy seeing him preform the action/change. I know he'd do anything for me. there are just two things. He has a drinking problem, he couldn't control himself at all when he drank and I didn't know how to respond/help him (I have seen this happen before with my mom, nothing she would do would ever help besides leaving for good). Before it would be his no good friends who he also cut off because of me, but then I became his only target. I demanded him to completely cut off alcohol one time that it almost got to the point that it did with his "friends" with me and he did for a straight 6 months. My other problem is his kids, the two he already had before getting with me. I didn't know it would be so hard to accept them, at first it wasn't.

• I don’t know what happened to my thought process. I thought I loved kids and that they would be no big deal, but that changed overtime for multiple reason which would be a whole other story to tell. Anyway, even though I know that most likely later in life, he will overcome his alcohol issue, I can’t be with a man he put his hands on me I could never look at him the same way again. Now I am afraid of him, not knowing what more he is capable of and that’s how it will always be. Now I know that could change, but the one thing that won’t are his kids. I don’t want to feel like I am keeping him away from them because having them around has a limit when you're with someone who they don’t belong to.

• Yeah you can get help with financial aids and also legal access

• do what the process is. because I already have his bank account info and all I just need him or them to give me the go ahead to use the money in there?

• The problem is: the money you will spend in the process, you need to calculate how much you are going to spend in the legal proces.

• You can probably sue his parents or his other girlfriends for child support. When you think about it they were enabling him and are at least partly responsible for the baby.

• I don't understand what do you mean by they were enabling him? he didn't have another girlfriend either, he had me and the other girl was only the mother of his two other kids.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. You can sue him for child Support.

• yes you can.