Speaking to my abuser who is in jail?

i would like to know, is it possible to speak to the abuser if you are the victim of the domestic violence? if so how can i do that while he is in jail? telephone? visitation? anything? what is the process i would have to take to do any of this?

Note* he is still not sentenced.

Most Helpful Guy

• speak? i don't understand... y do u need 2 speak 2 such a person?

• about the financial help I will be needing especially because of the baby we are about to have

• i believe in this case it might go up to 3-4 years... not sure though

• yup I've heard that, but who knows I seen a lot of shocking cases where sentencing doesn't go the way you would have expected it to at all.

What Guys Said 3

• Check with the police - They can advise you who to talk to

• What you need to do is completely cut him off and find a therapist to help you deal with what happened. The last thing you should be doing is having ANY kind of contact with him.

• Why do you want to?

• Plus, if he hasn't been convicted, why would he talk to you and risk incrimination? Get real.

• He isn't going to admit to criminal activity, nor is he going to open his bank account to you. You are unfortunately going to have to be patient.

Go to a women's health center or a social worker, they will be able to point you in the right direction far better than I will be able to. There are probably free programs they can direct you toward.

• y would him admitting to criminal activities matter? There was sufficient evidence of the 7 things he was charged of so they will sentence him at least a year to 3 for what he has done which will be way past the due date of our baby who will be born in 2.5 months. will they not make him take responsibility for that being that he has something to give up? I have tried asking about child support but i was told they would not be able to proceed with that until the baby is out and he takes a paternity test that says he is the father but he is not denying being the father so far. just wondering if for the time being that we were supposed to be living together and sharing the cost of living with me would he be held responsible for that at least if they can't do anything about child support?

What Girls Said 1

• Don't do it. His lawyer will say "see she's talking to him. It's nbd" and then where will you be. Consult your lawyer before you try to communicate with him at all.

• neither of us have lawyers nor will we be getting any we are both poor more him than me

• None the less I wouldn't do it. There are a lot of other services available for you and seeing him will bring nothing but trouble. Call your gynecologist and see if they can suggest any starting points.