How do you feel when a cashier at a store is not smiling when they are ringing you up?

Does it really bother you when you are buying something and the cashier is not smiling?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been cashier before, it's fucking tough to be cheery for 8 hours straight at a job you don't particularly care for.

As long as they give me swift, good service, I'm happy.

What Girls Said 9

• Honestly, as long as their voice is friendly, I don't care. The voice says more than the face muscles. I have resting bitch face, and yeah, I'm perky at times, but after a long day, it's just not fun to fake an exuberant smile anymore.

So, I was happy to have my job (as a cashier) and interact with people but I made it apparent in my voice, not my smile, and I still got pretty good tips :3

• It gets friggin tiring when you have to have a constant smile and you've non stop been cashing people out cause everyone decided to check out at the same time. Sometimes my smile wavers.

So I don't fault other cashiers unless they're outright rude.

• I don't care.

• No, they don't get paid enough to smile in my opinion lol. I've never been one of those people who is offended by customer service very often, maybe because i've worked in it for so long.

• No. It bothers me when they say nothing at all when they great everyone else before and after me. I feel left out.

• I wouldn't really care.

• No. But I'd at least like them to have the courtesy to acknowledge me and say hi. Im Not even asking for a "how are you? ", just Hi.

• Nothing, their job sucks.

• Never really happened! All the cashiers in my city are very polite xD

• They might be talking smack behind your back after you leave though, beware! :P

• Maybe! Who knows... I don't care, honestly :p I just care about paying ASAP and go home ;o

What Guys Said 5

• "I don't give a fuck... give me my shit biatch!!! " is what I'm THINKING since I'm there to get my product not be their friend HHAHAHAHAH i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• They probably had a long shift on crap money so they are entitled to be grim.

• generally, it doesn't feel as good as if they smile. I like people that smile. Its bad enough how gloomy the world is otherwise...

• Smash the cash stack on face and say bitch smile

• There's a reason they are working that kind of job. Too bad for them, lolz