Why is rap music and rappers stereotyped with being party/ drinking, misogynistic music?

Do you believe those rappers really live the lives they sing about?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do some don't. Rap ONLY gets called out because it has weaker social status ( Its status is dominated by black men so its weaker because of that and automatically it will be attacked in the similar way the school yard bully attacks the smaller weaker kid ) than say movies with violence, misogynistic racist themes but no one ever calls out Hollywood on their shit because its dominated by white men who have always had the benefit of having their shortcomings purposely overlooked by mainstream society. All rap isn't the same, but it gets attacked for the reasons I've mentioned. Its popular to only judge what black men do.

• R&B is dominated by black artists as well, but it's not really looked down upon like rap is.

What Girls Said 4

• That is what you hear in mainstream rap music but I believe we are in a hip hop renaissance where rappers with a positive message or rappers that have a story to tell are making a comeback to the radio instead of just rappers that rap about fucking bitched and getting money. Rappers like Logic, J Cole, and Kendrick Lamar are really hot right now and they don't talk about that stuff all the time. As far as the ones that do rap about the things you mentioned most of them do lie that way and some of them just are just saying what the think everyone wants to hear.

• I doubt. Most very attractive woman are way smarter than that and will not let some lazy thug use them, abuse them, and mock them at will.

• Because that's what they portray themselves at

• Rappers put it out there, and make you believe that its money, cars, and women.

What Guys Said 5

• I think they actually do believe it

• Only ignorant idiots say it is don't pay much attention to them *btw I hardly listen to rap and even I know it's a small majority that's like that*

• I don't know ha probably cuz that's all mainstream rap seems to sing about personaly I'm not to big into rap other than tupac, nwa and cypress hill

• They only care about money and sex so yes most likely they live very similar to that.

• I dunno know about otherz but eminem do