Ladies! (or guys). Do any of you use self tanners? Do you have any good tips and tricks?

Im a pretty pale person and i hate tanning beds and laying in the sun so i really love using self tanners. The ONLY problem i ever have is the tan settling into the pores on my legs! UGH

It only settles into the pores on my shins, thats the only place on my body besides my face where there are visible pores.

First i used St Tropez bronzing mousse, and i can't quit remember if it did it... i never noticed i guess. But its so expensive for not much!
And then i just recently bought Xen-Tan dark lotion because although its expensive, you get a lot more. And it settles in my pores like crazy!!

I always shave the day before or the morning before and exfoliate like craaazy with an exfoliating glove and use a good water based moisturizer. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was Caucasian once, then I had a permanent tanned and somewhat turned into part Asian hahaha

What Guys Said 3

• Tanning is really dangerous, I had to get a couple of moles remove to prevent skin cancer, that's how I lear to accept to be pale. Don't be to conscious, I'm sure you look beautiful just the way you are

• self tanners... never heard of that before
    I can only pray for sun

• Oompa Loompa Doopity Doo! I've got some cautionary advice for you! If you use self tanners frequently, you'll end up working in a chocolate factory!

What Girls Said 2

• I don't.
    It seems like a lot of work for not a big payoff. + I'd have to wear foundation every day - so my face matches my body - which is ridiculous to me.

But here is something you might find useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2TW25BPYX8

• Exfoliate really well, use a self tan mitt and don't use too much. That works for me