Is it true that plain to average girl have to be nicer?

Is it true that plain women have to be nice in order to keep a man, whereas really beautiful women can be complete bitches and keep there men. Also, as for guys would you put up with a plain to average almost ugly girl who is mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Is it true that plain women have to be nice in order to keep a man, whereas really beautiful women can be complete bitches and keep there men."

Yes, there's a nugget of truth in there. Really attractive women are rare for guys to consistently get so her rarity gives her value and her value gives her leeway to be a bitch. Average girls are more abundant so they don't have the same degree of value and have to compensate by being nicer.

"as for guys would you put up with a plain to average almost ugly girl who is mean?"

No. She has no legs to stand on.

What Guys Said 14

• Yes, conditionally.

More attractive girls might tend to have relationships more based on their physical attractiveness. This could have a few outcomes.
    A. They can keep a willing guy just for the sex.
    B. There is less give and take in the relationship.
    C. The relationship is less meaningful and will last for less time.

The converse outcomes might generally be true for less physically attractive people. I generally prefer to have someone with a nice personality, because I find that super attractive people often are shallow and focus too much on themselves.

Keep in mind that this post was one massive generalization.

• Why would anybody want to be with a girl or guy for that matter who is both ugly and mean?

• For the guys who put WAY too much value on a woman's looks... yes, a more (to him) attractive woman has a 'longer leash '.

• I don't necessarily agree with that

• They don't necessarily have to be nicer, but I always like someone who has a nice personality and it makes them more beautiful in my eyes

• "Also, as for guys would you put up with a plain to average almost ugly girl who is mean?"

Depends on how desperate he is.

But to answer the first question, yes.

• I wouldn't put up with a girl who is mean, no matter what she looks like. It's true that there are some guys willing to do anything for a gorgeous woman: those guys are idiots.

• I would never stay with a bitch no matter how hot she is so ALL girls have to be nice to their boyfriends

• It really depends on the man but most of us will take more shit from a perfect 10 or a 9 than we would a 5 or a 6.

• I don't put up with bitches at all.

• I wouldn't put up with anyone who caused me a lot of grief.

• Lol, if a pretty girl was mean to me, like legit mean, not just "playfully teasing", I'd drop her in a heartbeat. Looks don't last forever

• No. I dated some super hot chicks and I kicked them to the curb. My ex considered herself average. She had some self esteem issues... I always thought she was drop dead gorgeous. She is also one of the nicest people in the world and taught me to be a better person. She would give her cup of coffee to someone homeless on the street. Or go out of her way to help friends.

The biggest thing was that I could talk to her and I loved talking to her. She was my best friend in the world.

• That sounds about right.

What Girls Said 4

• You need at least 1 or 2 things to attract a man to you. If it is not your looks - it could be your temperment, your charm, your intelligence, your depth, your sense of humour, your work ethic, your home making skills (such as knowing how to colour code, how to sew, how to cook, how to clean), your religious virtues, your child rearing virtues, your social skills, your overall joy at life or your fashion sense and maybe your level of kindness. Basically - you have to have something that will attract people to you and most people have multiple things that do the trick.

• No they just have to learn the art of seduction. Cleopatra wasn't very pretty you know but she managed to seduce Marc Anthony and Cesar. How did she do it you ask? Well she was smart, out going and over the top with her fashions and constant theatrical displays. Just learn to be cunning and embrace your sexuality and other qualities that can make you appealing. Oh and you can learn how to work miracles with make up... believe me.

• No not at all

• I will admit my personality doesn't come off the best but I still attract guys. I'm quiet which I've been told comes off as rude and stuck up and I have a smart mouth and guys still like me because I take relatively good care of myself and I like to think I'm cute. I'm not mean by nature but I have my moments

I used to be considered ugly and I noticed that guys have very little tolerance for girls they're not attracted to. For some guys, almost anything an unattractive girl does is annoying or wrong but guys are a lot more tolerant to pretty ones.

For example I unknowingly cut in front of this guy in line last month at the gas station. I wasn't paying attention and he was kinda standing off to the side. He was very nice about it, began flirting with me and later asked for my number. If I did the same thing 5 years ago in my "ugly days" I doubt he would have been as friendly or polite.