Did anyone go out of state for college?

I'm going to a college in Ohio and I currently live in Oklahoma. I was wondering if any of you went to college out of state. HOW OFTEN DID YOU COME BACK HOME? (Just during the summer, winter break/Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays, etc?)

HOW LONG DID YOU STAY (approx) DURING EACH VISIT?

• I went back home more than once a month
  • I went back home about once a month
  • I went back home about once every 2 months
  • I went back home about once every 3 months
  • I went back home for the holidays/breaks (thanksgiving, Christmas)
  • I only went back home during summer break
  • N/A

Most Helpful Guy

• Where in oh. I live in Cleveland

• I used to have family in Tulsa, ok, but when my uncle cheated on my aunt, she moved back to her native Texas. Those Texans, though backwards, they looooove their state

What Guys Said 3

• I went abroad, from Spain to the US. I'm still studying and I just go home once a year, during Christmas and for 2-3 weeks only.
    I don't have summer break (fortunately) so I don't have to go back to Spain.

• Not really. I remained in Canada for college

• I am not an American and I have been here for two whole years.

What Girls Said 3

• I went to a new country for school.

To be honest, it really depends of how well you can handle home sickness. I didn't really have much option, it's not like I could have taken a bus are drove home. I just toughed it out and made video calls often. If you get the chance to go home on your off months/weeks, do so.

• I really wanted to apply to a UC school or a school in Los Angles, but I never had the guts.
    (Im from Michigan btw)

• I went to school across the country and didn't go back home at all. I studied and worked the three years I was there to finish early. Once I graduated I moved back to my parents new house. Then a few months later I moved across the country again.

If the trip was within driving distance (like 12 hours or less driving), I would visit home during Christmas and New Years. But it's too far for that.