Should I see a therapist?

Ok so I have had this problem for awhile and what do you think I should do?
Dying (my #1 fear) super peaceful music can trigger that so I stay away from it (too try and get myself to calm down I tell myself "Don't think about it" or "It will all be OK" over and over until I stop thinking about it, the thought of being alone forever, or even just being alone for too long. Sometime I also to stop watch something and think really hard about each word being said I repeat it in my head or if it the middle of night I will walk around my house and look at my surrounds, (none of these things work all the time). It can also last between 15 minutes to 2-3 hours. I have had this problem since I was about 9 or 10 or for at least as long as I can remeber.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I think you should see one. Or at least talk about it with someone. If you even feel like it you can message me :) believe it or not a lot of people on GAG come to me for advice (ok a lot is a big word but I still get a handful or two). Anyways trust me I won't judge or anything. Sometimes it's just nice to get your feelings all out to someone who will listen or for me if you write it down it really helps. This may sound tacky but I have a notebook full of letters I want people to read when I die. I wrote them to certain people who are important to me and although my mom would yell at me if she saw it it still feels nice to get everything organized and in front of me and the salvation of knowing that when I pass hopefully someone will find it. Anyways my suggestion is to see a therapist if your comfortable with it or just talk to someone about it (or write about it like I said).

What Guys Said 5

• What therapy gives you is peace of mind - You are worried about so talking to someone will ease your concern so it will probably be a good idea

• but talking to them is hard. They are like robots (I have tried before)

• Maybe you haven't found one that suited you - Do a bit of research around the net about anxiety and see what they say - I have depression and learned a lot of net - With these things it is all about finding things to help you cope - It is not a race - It may take a while but the end goal is to find something that helps you cope

• I think it would be a good idea

• Yes. I think it's good idea to talk to a therapist

• Yeah you're crazy.

• It would be good.

What Girls Said 2

• Have you had a lot of deaths in your life?

• no not really like one or two

• go see a therapist, you shouldn't handle this alone