Should I major in criminology or philosophy to become a lawyer?

I want to become a lawyer so I was thinking that I should major in criminology and Spanish however I noticed that if I majored in philosophy it would be just as effective. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one I should choose?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think criminology more appropriate for a law career

What Guys Said 5

• Criminology I would say. You need to learn as much law as possible to become a good lawyer. I don't picture philosophy helping out much with that. Takes courses that you can see are as closely related to what you want to do as possible.

• Criminology/Criminal Justice, Political Science, and Economics are all viable majors to pursue in order to get into law school.

• What interests you in becoming a crook?

• criminology for major

• Philosophy is pretty easy to double major

What Girls Said 4

• Philosophy majors have higher LSAT scores
    www.phil.ufl.edu/ugrad/whatis/LSATtable.html

Make sure law is something you really want. There's a reason why lawyers have a very high incidence of depression

• Either one, you should be fine! psychology and political science as well as sociology works good. But I say philosophy since you think it's more effective. I'm a human bio major and into all the science and pre Med crap so I barely know anything about pre law school majors lol but I hoped I helped and goodluck!

• You can major in anything pretty much & go to law school. Criminology is more related to "law" though. But philosophy, communications, English , etc. will all give you a good set of skills to help you.

• Most lawyers would have a philosophy or English background so that would be a safer choice for you