If an 18 year old got a 14-16 year old pregnant, is that automatic jail time? Or would the parents decide whether or not to press charges or somethin?

Pretty much what the title says...

I know it seems like a dumb question. But I'd just like to, if this happened, how you would go about the legal ramifications.

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of parent wouldn't report an 18 year old having sex with their 14 or 15 year old? It's still dicey with a 16 year old.

Look up the restrictions for sex offenders in you state and just leave the facts laying around all over the house. He'll hopefully work it out.

• Well as far as I know, the girl isn't really looked after.

Either that or she just hides it from her parents.

But I'll go ahead and google it. I was going to do that, but it kinda feels better to hear from actual people. At least to me

• Google will be able to tell you if medical providers are required to alert the authorities if the girl is under age.

What Girls Said 3

• Its automatic jail time. It does not matter whether or not the girl or the girl's family press charges.

• It's automatic jail time with adding "sex offender" to anything he does for fucking around with a minor. Don't hit it until they're a legal adult bruh.

• Damn.

Thanks for the information

• she's still a minor... what did you expect?

• Well, it's not me. It's my brother, but it might as well be me because I'm scared as shit for him

• Yeah that's what I keep preaching to the fucker.

But thanks for your answer

What Guys Said 6

• I think it is a case of whether the authorities know - If her parents press charges it is statutory rape probable jail time and going on sex offenders list

• In my opinion he should go to jail for it, you can't just do something that stupid and expect there to be no ramifications.

• That's what brings me to ask. Because he'd done it before with this same chick, so I thought he's just been lucky that it's stayed between the two of them

There's more to it than just him going and banging an underage girl. Not that I'm making excuses for him, but he's my brother, so I am biased in this matter

But as far as the act alone, I agree with you.

• Fair enough

If it was my sister, I'd definitely want that dudes life

It's just my perspective kinda changed since it's family that could be the one suffering the consequences.

• Yeah I get it from your point of view to since it's your brother, but if he were mine I'd deliver him to the cops myself. In my house that's not tolerated.

• If found out by authorities I think you would be charged

• They can decide whether or not to press charges. ... But you really should just get yourself ready for jail buddy.

• Depends. She'd be legal in some countries.

• Damn, if only this had happened ten years later. By then it'd be legal. And soon following, men would be able to marry multiple woman. It's crazy how legalizing same sex marriage will soon result in these "rights" becoming legal as well. Soon will be sooner than you think.

• The same sex marriage thing really bugs you huh?