Would you ever want to have a dolphin as your pet?

Imagine owning your own mansion and having a big salt water tank for your pet dolphin.

• Yes. Dolphins are so cute. I'd have so much fun swimming with them, playing with them and riding on them.
  • No. I'd rather let all of them live where they belong in peace.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty sure dolphins will have us as pets instead. them being all intelligent and such

• Yeah. Dolphins might even make better docters and figure out the best cure for cancer than us humans. lol

• *doctors*

What Girls Said 14

• OMG, yes, I love dolphins! ❤
    But on the other hand, nope, I don't want him to be stuck in a tank, they belong in the ocean/sea with the other dolphins. I wouldn't want my dolphin sad and lonely.

• that'd be fantastic, although just meeting them everyday in the ocean from my beach house would be awesome =]

• I would love to, but knowing me I wouldn't want to hold a dolphin captive like that. A beautiful animal should be free.

• I think that's pretty cruel, actually. There's no way that the salt water tank would be large enough or interesting enough (play structures, etc.) for the dolphin to be happy. There's also highly social and would be depressed living alone.

• not gonna lie
    i would love too <3 <3 <3
    but i would set him free after i swim with him a little :)

• dolphins are cool!!! hell yeah lol

• i m not a big fan of fishes.. but they are cute..

• strictly speaking, they are mammals.

• lol.. yeah.. i know they are.. i was not talking about that,... i was generally telling about all those who live in water... because i m afraid of water..

• Heck no, those little pervs...

• Yeah, I hear they are very intelligent, however PETA would be on my ass.

• yee it sounds good cus i'm afraid of dogs i'm afraid of holding big cats soo it's good for me to have a dolphin as a pet

• Yes, it would be cool.

• Yes :) I love dolphins. I'd have a whole family of them so they wouldn't be lonely.

• I like dolphins, they are so cute. But it would be better if they live in their natural habitat

• I used to like dolphins. I saw them out in the wild when I went on vacation in Florida. But I wouldn't want one as a pet.

What Guys Said 11

• Never. That would be so depressing for both the dolphin and myself. I'd rather go see them swimming in schools in the ocean. :)

• i think that would be cruel to dolphin

• There's arguments for and against..
    All that matters is the animals' happiness.
    If the Dolphin is happy I don't really see any problems.

• It's all I've ever dreamed for...

• Fuck no! Dolphins are the most intelligent animals we know of other than ourselves! Why would anyone be so selfish and ignorant?
    Also the reasoning to A is stupid: "I want to have fun." Thats... I mean... Come on. You should notice the mistake. Seriously. Dolphins do not have fun being the pet of someone. They may become "friends" with humans, but "pets" is just disgraceful.

• I'd like to swim with them, play with them, perhaps ride them... but they are to be in the wild.
    So I'd hope that I'd have a dolphin buddy who comes when I'm at sea to say hi and play

• It's cool bro

• Dolphins aren't in the category of 'PET's so I wouldn't...

Every creature deserves to live in it's habitat...

• What's the deal with incarcerating animals?

• No, but a gigantic tank of goldfish/koi would be amazing, feeder goldfish can grow to over 2 feet and live 50 years.

• I like dolphin meat