Is it weird to send your crush a friend request if you never spoken to them?

I'm just curious because I have read up things like "why your crush hasn't accepted your friend request" and a lot of people say he just no interested... But then I found one saying "its creepy to send them a request if you never spoken to them"...

I mean is it really?:/ cos I sent my crush WHO ALWAYS SMILES AND STARES AT ME (so I assumed he may be interested), a friend request and he never accepted... And he's been online. I have NEVER once said a word to him in real life nor has he...
Is it creepy to then expect they accept your friend request on social media if you never once spoken to them in real life?

I thought it be a way to get to know him online xD but doesn't look like its gonna happen if he won't accept my request.

I just thought he may just not reconise me in my profile pic or has only been staring at me cos I stood out in a bad way or something :L

Most Helpful Guy

• Its would only be creepy if he doesn't like you. Fir example, if I ask for a waitress's number and she likes me she'll be excited. If she doesn't like me, she'll probably find it creepy.

It would have been better to talk first, but what's done is done. Just act normal and friendly next time you see him.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think it is weird to do that

• It's bit weird but you got start some where to get to know him better.

• Well you've never spoken to them so it may come as creepy, but not everyone feels the same way

• If he goes to your school and he is in your grade it isn't creepy.

• I wish you asked this question 1 year ago lol damn

What Girls Said 4

• I will tell you that fb hasn't been showing me my friend request notifications. Of course, that doesn't mean that he isn't getting his. There can be a few reasons why he hasn't accepted. Either he doesn't recognize you, he did recognize you and doesn't want you to think he likes you by accepting, he is embarrassed about things on his fb and he doesn't want you to think badly of him because he does like you or he hasn't seen any notification of the request.

• Speak irl first then send a friend request the day after.

• No its not creepy, it has to start somewhere.

• I'd fine it strange
    I'd first like to talk to that person before adding