Do alocholic dad or people ruin your life aswell as theirs?

my dad lost his job is running from the people he rents the van from told me i was nothing to him and not to speak to him ever again told me to fuck off is aggressive with me says my brother is a little shit...

left us over a week ago has not called once to say sorry plays the victim asks my mam for money even though they are seperated , for five years plays the victim acts like everything is perfect

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Fuck that guy. You don't need him in your life, I don't care if he is your dad. I could see sticking around to protect your loved ones, but other than that, just don't associate with him. Just let him know you want nothing to do with him unless he sobers his life up, maybe gets into AA.
    Is he religious? B/c he'll have a bitch of a time finding a rehab group that isn't religiously based.

• 1. What seems is sometimes not necessarily what is :)
    2. If he's alcoholic then he should seek treatment which will make him a proper human being first and then a dad or any relationship
    3. If he plays the victim all the time then either he is or he's just got used to being that way
    4. Everyone has a phase in life at times that lasts a lifetime
    5. His being down doesn't mean he doesn't love you. He probably didn't call for a week cause he doesn't want you guys in trouble with the people he owes money to
    6. I'd rather you wait till he gets in touch with you and then get an explanation going. Maybe together you guys can work things out :)

• My dad was a alcoholic and growing up was bad
    i suffered lot of sadness and to this day my dad
    stopped drinking but still not part of my life so i
    feel for you i know it's not easy..

• Sorry to hear about your situation. Alcoholic "anybody" is a curse upon him/herself.

What Girls Said 2

• Well, you have the answer to that. However, it is your decision on what you can do about the damage he has done. Let the cracks he caused eventually break you or stop it right in it's tracks, do something about it so you can fill those gaps in.

• A father should be a role- model for his kids. He is selfish and has no thought for his family. They obviously aren't his priority..

All you can do is accept he will never change and rise above him. Do the best you can to improve your own quality of life , and make a happy , secure future for yourself. Although it is painful for you , and you probably love him, don't allow him to destroy your future like he has his own.