To those people who believe eating grains is bad for the body?

How would someone eat 2,000 calories a day without grains. A person would have to eat a lot of fat to get those calories since you have to eat a ton of protein to get any sort of calories. I can't see eating a ton of fat being healthy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Easy, by replacing it with natural sugars in fruits ^^ Well, not all fats are bad, nuts are healthy for example. But you eat a lot of calories already when you eat meat, which is why lots of people trying to lose weight become vegans or at least vegetarians.

I don't believe eating grains is bad for the body.

What Girls Said 2

• I can't eat wheat because of an allergy. When I had to remove bread from my diet completely, I lost 10 kgs. I think that this was mainly because I now only eat at home. You replace bread with fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs, rice etc. I have a few really good recipe apps that help keep things interesting and yummy.

• There are good fats and bad fats. There are good grains and bad grains. Everything in moderation and overall healthy choices are a better way of doing things.

• Some people think people shouldn't be eating any grains at all since people never did that way in the past apparently. I can't see how people would get enough calories if they did that unless they ate lots of fats

• Eh, I don't really believe in any particular diet plan. The paleo diet is hokum in my opinion. Also, there must have been some kind of grain in the wild or else cultivating them never would have been possible.

What Guys Said 5

• The cholesterol in saturated fats binds with grains such as oatmeal in the liver to produce testosterone. If you follow all the pseudo - science out there today you'll only lose ground.

Also, up your caloric intake. You need the 2000 just to function autonomically at night. Plenty of water, too.

• Calorie counting is counter productive if you don't eat right types of food - Totally correct

• It's all about balance dude

• That's not what I was asking for.

• You see some Asians living a long time who eats rice or grains in a daily basis, so can it really be that bad? I'm only part Asian by the way

• So you're saying that it's either fat or grain to consume a lot of calories?

• erm... no.