Do you think obama legalizing gay marriage will be one of his biggest achievements?

I am just curious to know if you think this will be one of his biggest career achievements right next to preventing a recision, saving the auto industry, recaptilizing banks and giving millions of uninshered Americans health care and ending the war in Iraq and taking out Osama bin laden

0|0
7|12

Most Helpful Guy

• @stevephillips706 He didn't give people insurance, he pushed for a law that mandates Americans have to buy health insurance from the very same companies who helped draft the affordable care act to begin with. Public health insurance stocks and profit margins have increased, while we have another mandatory bill thanks to the ACA. Now that health insurance is mandatory, the premiums will slowly increase over time, it will be like auto insurance. This increase in revenue and purchasing power will further expand health insurance's grasp on our healthcare. There will also be more gaps in coverage if costs become too high for insurance companies, to obviously maintain higher profit margins. We still maintain a presence in Iraq, also when troops were pulled out, private military contractors in Iraq increased. We were also militarily involved in 3 more countries since he has been president. Libya, Syria, Ukraine, not to mention our sleight of hand in Egypt which the Russians countered very well, along with Ukraine. Taking out Osama bin laden did happen while he was president, but nothing about our military operations changed. It just takes time and pressure, our military does what it needs to do.

1|1
    0|0
    • But for a short answer, yes I do think he will be known for the ACA, helping to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states, and being the first African American president.

• Personally I think he gave Putin a big fuck you with the Ukraine thing. Advantage Obama. Still its the war no ones talking about on either side. Meanwhile the bodies keep piling up

• Russia has a 400 billion dollar surplus, Putin expanded the Russian economy, revitalized the military, backed the Egyptian military when they overthrew Morsi, Crimea is now part of Russia again, and the ethnic Russians who were forced to be part of Ukraine after the soviet union was dissolved want to separate and rejoin Russia. Not to mention Russia and Chinas recent deals. Also, Putin is starting a gold for oil program, and started mining operations for gold in Russia. Gaddafi tried to implement the very same thing, and was shortly removed. Gold for oil threatens Swift, and consequently the dollar. How exactly are we winning?

What Girls Said 7

• Well technically Obama had nothing to do with the decision.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think his biggest achievement was removing the partition between America and Cuba.

0|0
    0|0
  • obama is part of the executive branch. The judicial branch was the one that decided.

2|0
    0|0
  • As far as i know Obama had nothing to do with it. If you remember back up until his poll numbers started to fall he was against gay marriage.

0|1
    0|0
  • He had nothing to do with that decision. Unless you this his election of Justices Kagan and Sotomayor had a big impact on the ruling.

0|0
    0|0
    • *think, not this, lol

• Sotomayor announced her vote before the case was even presented so yeah I think Obama gets full credit for that.

• i think so. because it affected every American in a postive way (if not move to another country). i was never a huge fan of his until yesterday and that raised my respect for him.

0|0
    0|1
  • There's still lots of things for him to achieve to make this country beter.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• First and foremost this has nothing to do with the president of the United States.

This was a decision made by the United States Supreme Court. Neither the president nor Congress will change it. Only a constitutional amendment banning same sex marriage will change that.

1|0
    0|0
  • If that can be called achievement, then yes.

Although I think increasing national debt by 8 trillions is greater achievement.

2|1
    0|0
  • I wonder what people will think when TPP will become active in the meantime.

1|2
    0|0
    • Huh what's ttp

• Transpacific trade pact

• Do you honestly think Americans are even aware of real issues?

I think all those "issues" that are made out of nothing, such as feminism, "transracial" and/or transsexual bullshit, homo marriages (funny: pronouncing "homo" and "marriage" together quickly makes it sound like "hemorrhage". Coincidence?) and whatnot are made exactly to get their attention away from real problems/threats, such as how USA created Islamic State, TTIP, 18 trillion dollars national debt (roughly $190,000 per each citizen regardless of age), Snowden's case etc.

• Economically speaking, he's one of the worst. He did not prevent a recession.

Like most presidents, he will probably be remembered for things associated with his time as president rather than specific things he did.

Looking at what's happened while he was president, the recognition of gay marriage across the states will be associated with the terms he's occupied. As far as personal accomplishments, the risky-but-successful assassination of bin Laden will be remembered.

0|0
    0|1
    • Enonomy is doing pretty well. Sounds like some hatred there

• Show All
    • Legally according to the constitution wages can't be taxed, but capital gains can. I think for that reason alone the tax rate on capital gains should always be higher than that on wages. The whole winners and losers in investments. It's gambling if you gamble you can afford to loose. Also the success of these companies is based in offering a good or service that consumers find useful. So if consumers had more money, more of these companies will do well allowing these wealthy gamblers to make more money and in turn invest in more businesses. Consumer is the most important part of the economic ecosystem

• @Tommy-Gunz Everybody is both a producer and a consumer. Everybody could use fewer restrictions and taxes. You're making my argument for me: The consumer should be freer. That's exactly what happens when businesses are allowed to flourish, and businesses flourish when they have fewer restrictions and more opportunity to make money.

Investing is the same kind of risk that anyone takes on a business. Businesses must always be taking risks in order to expand and lower prices; otherwise they'll be beaten out. Investors must take risks in order to profit, and the end result is that better businesses rise and offer people what they want. When people get less money from their investment gains, they invest less. It's an axiom of economics: whatever you tax, you get less of it.

• I think that will be second to the oceans receding. He should be President for life.

0|0
    0|0
    • It was a Supreme Court decision, not the president's.

• He appointed two of the justices who voted the right way including one who announced her vote before the case came up. If some Rethuglikkkan had made the appointment instead of Obama we wouldn't be moving in history's direction.

• It was a Supreme Court decision, nothing to do with Obama.

0|0
    0|0
  • The president had nothing to do with it

1|0
    0|0
  • OBAMAAAAA. WOHOO!!

0|0
    0|0
  • haha if that is his biggest achievement then his presidency is a massive failure.

1|0
    0|0
    • Don't forget the Affordable Care Act, getting Osama Bin Laden, and getting US out of Iraq, (fulfilling a political promise).

• Maybe health care. But those are all tough choices to choose from.

0|0
    0|0
  • Obama isn't part of the Judiciary branch of the US Govt. He's the Executive branch.

But, given people's general way of thinking about these things, sure he'll get credit.

0|1
    0|0