Your opinion on marriage equality?

0|0
3|5

Most Helpful Guy

• thrilled. If we believe in civil and human rights marriage equality should be a fundamental need in our society. and considering "pursuit of happiness" is in our constitution its silly that we so often try and take that right away... especially when it's not at the expense of anyone else's pursuit of happiness

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• I support marriage equality, every man and woman should be able to get married as the definition of marriage states.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we can get rid of the stupid number restrictions we'll finally be making progress. It's not really equal yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is great, but when are they taxing church donations? They totally should.

0|0
    0|0
    • They can't and they won't tax church donations; that'd be unconstitutional.

• Show All
    • @asker No, it doesn't work that way and is more complicated than that. Taxation is a method that government can use to express itself. For instance, if churches can be taxed by law than different churches can be taxed at different rates based on all sorts of factors. This, de facto, enables government to prefer certain churches over others (violation of the establishment clause). Furthermore, taxing donations from parishioners also, de facto, supresses the speech of parishioners via the church. That's a First Amendment violation analogous to as the US Supreme Court ruled in Citizens United. Finally, taxing donations is an interference in church's practices - for instance, many churches advocate tithing (which effectively means advocating donations) - so taxing that is a violation of the Free Exercise clause of the First Amendment.
      @editor That's illogical. Bigotry and religious beliefs are two different issues. Plenty of religions advocate bigotry and that is perfectly acceptable.

• Sorry, not @asker, but @mesonfielde

• I think it's great. About damn time, too.

And who knows, maybe alimony reforms are next.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Marriage equality ftw.

0|2
    1|1
  • Finally.
    Now for the rest of the world!

0|0
    0|1
  • i 100% support it. its disturbing to me to think that 2 genders were not allowed to get married in all states. love is love and there shouldn't be a law against it

1|0
    0|0
    • They ought to get reparations too. Although nobody can make up for the indignities we suffered for hundreds of years. It's time to start making up for that.