Why are woman's sports not as entertaining to watch as well men's sports?

So i know the woman's world cup is on and the U. S is doing amazing, i'm starting to feel guilty that I don't watch them compete because they are representing my country. But at the same time I also don't really follow any woman's sports. I only watch Football (the good one with a quaterback and line backers not the one they run around kicking a ball for 90mins) and Hockey. So I feel guilty I don't watch woman's sports but at the same time I've also notice that i'm not the only person. Why are female sports not as popular to watch, is the veiwershp increasing and if so will it ever get as popluar or on level with male dominated sports?

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL Women's soccer is way more intense than men's soccer. Like by FAR.

Companies refuse to put money into the leagues so there are few resources, fewer cameras, fewer clips, fewer cuts, etc... that all cumulates in what appears to be a slower game. The Portland Thorns alone prove that there is a huge interest in women's sports when clubs put in at least a little effort.

www.theatlantic.com/.../

• I don't watch soccer but I know that's bull

• They hide behind lack of audience and even when there's a full stadium on the regular refuse to invest money.

• @Jaydog666

What Girls Said 2

• Sports are entertaining? 😆😆

• I think they are.

What Guys Said 10

• Sometimes womens sport is more skillful to watch - In tennis at least you get rallies

• Men, who watch most sports, are sexist. All sports should be coed and every team needs an equal number of all sexes on the team and actively participating on every game.

• i'm not sure if this would be good for Football and Hockey, I can't see woman playing line backer or most positions in football such as line backers and defensive tackles. Hockey... they are out sized and could get seriously hurt when checked onto walls.

• It's about equality. That should be entertaining enough for everyone.

• ... sure. It would.. be a lot of changes that would change... the epicness of football when you can't have dominating players in each position. It's about guys just being more muscular. But hey anything can happen.

• lol stfu the real football is "soccer"

• Men are better athletes and more exciting

• The women just aren't anywhere near as good as the men are. Its just boring most of the time, sorry

• This is absolutely correct. Why would anyone want to watch a sport with less talented people competing? In sports where men don't have a physical advantage, women are far more likely to be popular such as ice skating, balance beam, and other such events. Often their small frames actually give them an advantage over the men, making the women more entertaining to watch than men.

• In the real world cup I can watch Messi and Ronaldo go at it for 2 hours. Best players in the world.

Womens football just looks sloppy in comparison

• They can't compete at the same level that automatically makes it less entertaining to watch

• I don't like sports to begin with, but most people I know prefer men's sports, simply because they're more fast-paced and they generally play better.

• sports are male dominated

• I don't know any guy that doesn't like women's volleyball if you catch my drift.

• I wanted to say that... but didn't want to get flak for it.

• Because they're not as good. Gymnastics are the best though. Cameltoes and asses everywhere.