Why is it bad to be a contradictory person?

if you say you don't ever drink alcohol, then drink it, why is this wrong? because PC society says so?

Most Helpful Guy

• It just means your morals will be taken less seriously nothing inherently wrong with being contradictory sometimes

• says who? it's perfectly normal.

don't get offended because I am what every other person is.. lol.. fool.

• I never said it was abnormal.

What Girls Said 7

• It would not necessarily be morally wrong. It would become super annoying for anyone to put up with never knowing what they'll get from you. From not being able to ever give things you say any credibility, even the smaller things. It would be extremely annoying and create unnecessary drama/hurt in a relationship, where honesty and being direct with everything is key.

You won't be a bad person if everything you say is contradictory. You'll just isolate yourself from everyone, making you live a very lonely life.

• ok... so behaviour that everybody shows, is bad for me? lololololololo0lolo... ok.

• i know. but then everybody is contradictory, so i don't get why people say it's wrong. i think it's because it's offensive to you, but ok.

• what?
      Contradictory: involving or having information that disagrees with other information : containing a contradiction
      Contradict: : to say the opposite of (something that someone else has said)

People holding different opinions on the same topic is not a contradiction. Simply having different views, not necessarily opposite ones, on the same issue does not make you a bad person. It's what makes us all separate individuals.

• Because you should practice what you preach.

• Well my whole personality contradicts itself. lol Just most people don't like being lied to

• You'd be a liar and I would know I can't trust what you say. If you were honest and said you drank alcohol, I wouldn't mind. But when you consistently say you don't do something and you do it, we wouldn't be able to have an honest relationship.

• Because you're a liar.

• Damn right!

• Ok... so because everybody is contradictory... you get offended if I am.. haha.. get some life discourse, retard.

• Maybe you're just trying to do the right thing but then the opposite happens coz you like to enjoy life. Don't think about it too much just do whatever you feel like as long as you're not hurting yourself or others.

What Guys Said 3

• It shows you aren't congruent with yourself and since you aren't even true to yourself how can you be trusted by someone else?

• Well because it's just stupid deception, I'm underage I drink, but my parents know and so do my friends, it's not P. C just common courtesy

• Because you're not being an example of what you preach.