What should I do about my learning disability that adversely affects my writing and reading?

As a consquence my grammar is very terrible. I have read grammar books, and I'm college. Yet my grammar is a mess. My English sounds broken. I don't know what to do. As a consequence, people don't take me serious and undermine my educational level. I hate being born with such a disability. What can I do?

This is problematic because I as well have speech disability, dyspraxia, and auditory processing. Combine, it's really difficult to communicate with people and be taken seriously.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be damned good at what you do. They'll figure it out.

I once worked for a guy named. PJ. He was born in the eastern bloc somewhere, came to the states, joined the Marine corps did twenty years and retired. Still sounded like he was fresh off the boat. He didn't use any words unless they had at least three letters. Words like, "is" "to" and "or" had no place in his vernacular. I asked him why he'd never tried to get rid of his accent. For example I jettisoned my southern accent as soon as I got to a place where I wasn't surrounded by hicks. I still lapse occasionally and I can drop into mannerisms that would definitely identify me as coming from the south at will, but typically I use northerners mannerisms. He said, "you Americans destroying your own language. Why bother?" He had a point. He was also the single hardest working guy we had, and very damned good at what he did.

What Girls Said 1

• I am dyspraxic and dyslexic. When writing essay I use grammarly. It is a software that helps correct grammar and spelling mistakes.

• Awesome! I'll get it. Thanks. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Is there a counsellor available at your college - They can help with advice about things like that

• Practice practice practice till you get it right i have a learning disability i was in a special class all through school but i made it and graduated as for righting and spelling just have to keep doing it till its the way you want try not to get frustrated and be patient with yourself one day you will speak perfect English . and see a speech therapist they will give you exercises to try.