Why don't some people assume responsibility after they've done something wrong?

I was reading this story about a guy that did something wrong as a kid in his mid-teens and instead of assuming responsiblity, he wants to keep hiding from the problem. All that coming form a guy that's now in his 20's.

How about facing the issue like a grown-up and if you have done something wrong (or wrong someone), apologize and do anything to make it up for it. At least that's better than not facing the music.

If a guy or anyone ran away from their problems or failed to apologize for their wrongdoing, I would think they are the same immature person from back then, that they haven't changed at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Doesn't believe he's wrong. Like, for example, I may think it's wrong to fly the confederate flag but someone in dalton Georgia might attach it to their car and drive it on a road that's also being blocked by a cop. They don't think that's wrong therefore, they won't own up to it

What Guys Said 4

• I agree - He is only creating problems for himself - Carrying all that guilt around cannot be contusive to good mental health

• It seams a lot of people (majority? I dunno) are like that no matter how old.

I call them cowards / weaklings / etc. They are very frustrating to deal with. You just wanna blast them in the face.

Although I'm not sure it's fair to assume that a person can never change.

• Because life has show us that we have to be perefect, that we are strong, making mistakes is bad, so asuming a mistakes makes us less, we say that we are all human and imperfect, but in our psiquis we will never acept, being mature is not about age, is abour something else... dont judge because even if you think that you admit when you makes mistakes im sure he believes the same.

• Not "some" people, "majority" of the people. The whole society is built on this principle, and it's viewed as "okay" by the people. In the end, we live in a society which we ourselves created.

What Girls Said 0