Am I the only one who feels guilty in using filters in photos :( ?

My doctor advised me bed-rest so I was trying several new things which I don't do usually. I downloaded various photo editors and edited my pics with filters. They were looking beautiful but I found it to be a gesture of pretence and imposture. Do you feel that too (for yourself or for the people who use filters)?

I don't know but I'm hesitant in using these filters. I don't want to be called as hypocrite

• Yes I feel same
    29% (10)19% (3)26% (13)Vote
  • No I don't feel it but it's okay to feel that
    41% (14)31% (5)38% (19)Vote
  • No I don't feel it and you shouldn't feel that
    30% (10)50% (8)36% (18)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
13|8

Most Helpful Girl

• OWN. IT. Do whatever you need to in order to feel good about yourself. If that's using a bunch of IG filters, give 'er. If that's smearing yourself in mayonnaise, do it (though I would severely question your reasoning).

0|0
    0|0
    • Looks like I got a filter aficianado here :D

• Show All
    • I don't take selfies but if I did I would use filters. I put filters on all my landscape/nature photos. Why not my face?

• Now I got a new reason to feel guilt :(

You have a point.

Most Helpful Guy

• I vote 'C' cause I won't feel that way when I use filters on pictures nor should you :)

I don't use filters on my pictures (no time to do that stuff) but even if I did, I'd do so only to make an impact or a point, not to mislead anyone and I trust you use filters for the same reason too :)

0|1
    0|0
    • "I'd do so only to make an impact or a point, not to mislead anyone"
      -Yeah I think that's the answer. Our own intentions would decide whether it's hypocrisy or amelioration ☺

• Show All
    • You have a solid point for every single thing. How on earth is this even possible lol

• YOU are kind to perceive it that way but you should see my latest and first My Take - the whole topics gone askew to 2 parts of what I meant to write lol

What Girls Said 12

• lol never. i love using them. my favourite one is the transfer one. it makes everything look more vintage.
    do i care about people who think using filters makes me fake? no. i love photography and i love making my photo look great.

0|1
    0|0

And yeah I remember you had a question regarding this :)

• Some times but I never post them. I just enjoy looking at them bc they look so cool. Have you tried the Retrica app? It's awesome!! That's what I use. I have how some filters make me look worse and others make me blue or my hair red or somthing.

0|1
    0|0
    • From what I've seen, you use them a lot. There's Retrica logo at the bottom of your pics. But you look awesome and I guess you have a good knowledge :) I'll try it. Thanks a lot ☺

• Yeah I use them on here but not on my Facebook or Instagram. And you're welcome :)

• You feel guilty because of filters? I thought people used them to put the viewers of their pics in a certain mood.. The sepia filter for nostalgia etc.
    Or did you mean you tried those 'beauty apps' that make your eyes bigger, your jaw smaller and skin whiter?

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel the same way sometimes. I love taking pictures of nature and what not. Especially sunsets and flowers and rivers/lakes. I sometimes use filters for those or I just enhance them. If its pictures of myself, I don't really feel that way. I feel less ugly with filters, it makes the picture look better sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't feel bad! Everyone is doing it?

What softwares are using? Any recommendations?

0|0
    0|0

I use Aviary, PicsArt & Pixlr in mobile and Adobe Photoshop in PC

• I use filters maybe half of the time or a little less. I think they're fun and artistic and don't see any problem with it. Lets see some of these pictures! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I use filter sometimes. Just to enhance the pics quality, sometimes.
    Also, I love experimenting. Give my pics a dark look, light bluish look. It's fun :D So, I don't feel bad... And neither should you, aha :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel so blonde because I have no idea what that even is. But I don't care what anyone does with their photos, it's none of my business, no reason to feel guilty lol

0|0
    0|0
  • It's okay to use filters, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • No not really. But it's totally fine! It makes you feel more confident, so it's all good. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I will feel guilty if I use any filters in my photos. I want my photos to be as organic as possible so I would never use any filters.
    The only thing I have ever done is to paste some balloons or heart photo stickers on them just for fun :- )

0|0
    0|0
    • Just for fun? Just for TEASING I guess. Why always on the face lol...

• Show All
    • And it is nice that both of us currently have the black version of the S4 :- )

• I'm feeling like a superhero \(^-^)/

• I think it's alright to experiment. You can save the original photo file, and then create as many as you like to experiment with exposure, lighting, effects, etc. :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I don't see why you would be. It doesn't make you look anymore attractive, it just increases the quality of the photo.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your picture is your work of art - Do what you want with it to make it look the way you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with using a filter to enhance a photo... it's when you get more hardcore and rely on photoshop to make people see you in a different light.

0|0
    0|0
  • option c...

0|0
    0|0
  • You realize that most photos need color correction after being shot anyway, right? Why feel bad? Since you aren't a pro, you are totally going to use the wrong lighting and shoot a photo in horrid conditions, so why not alter it to improve it even just a little?

1|0
    0|0
  • *pretense* and imposture is nothing new for you.

2|2
    3|2
  • No, people look worse in photos than real life, the filters just bring back a bit of beauty to it. But still can't compare with my real life beauty ;P

3|1
    0|0