I want guys, but can't have them. So need advice on new hobbies?

im tired of being pathetic and always wanting a boyfriend.. its pretty obvious dating isn't for me, so any advice on new hobbies i can start with?

I already workout, but i normally run up a moutain on my own (non of my friends are into that) or i go to a gym where my parents workout, but the people that go there are at least 35+

Other then that i either work or stay at home.. . so i really need something new to do so that i dont end up depressed.

Most Helpful Guy

• What about cooking? I've always loved cooking and planned on going to cooking classes to learn more.
    Maybe some painting, or drawing. Writing stories. Why don't you join a dancing class? Zumba perhaps, which is something popular nowadays. Or go to some yoga classes. You could also pick up a team sport, instead of just going to the gym alone.
    You don't necessarily have to pick up a hobby where there's lots of men, you can meet new friends and go out with them and then meet men.

What Guys Said 11

• Go to your college library, you can make friends in your study breaks.
    Or join another gym if you're uncomfortable with your parents working out with you.

• well technically i dont go to any college , i have applied for several colleges and they will tell me if im accepted or not in three weeks. And i would go to another gym, but if i go withg my parents i go for free and im trying to save money. But good advice anyway :)

• There are lots of guys in your boat, and they usually do a lot of gaming and reading. In a way, it's a blessing, because you'll have a lot of free time to learn a hobby. You should learn about computers and take up programming because that's a very lucrative field.

• Since you are into fitness join a sports team - That would give you a new circle of friends

• Martial arts.
    Some kind of fabrication skill (machining, welding, woodwork, mechanics, electronics, etc.).

But if you have a good hard body, I recommend just dating a 35-year-old from the gym. For whatever might be wrong with someone, being a lazy layabout probably isn't going to be one of them from a gym buff.

• I agree with KDA2O, go to a gym, its going to change your life, your body is an amazing thing to discover and love, so exersice is a good help to make you feel better, and then I think you will get what you want.

• friends make new friends. I'm one 😀

Play videogames on console when u don't feel like going out, go to spirt games, research, take some college courses.

• You can always go swimming

• true... but im very laxy when it comes to shaving and im very hairy lol

• Maybe that's why you can't find a boyfriend

• that makes no sense... i dont wear shorts or skirts or dresses, the rare time i do i wear a thights underneath, i dont wear singlets unless i shave or if i have cardigan over, in addition i dont sleep around, so no one sees me, it not chances they can know i dont have

• I'd love a girl that does martial arts... or plays an instrument...

• i have wanted to try martial arts, but i can't find any gym that teaches it here.. or they do, but teh course doesn't start before i August :/

• Well
      at least you got time to think about it and settle down...

Or how about you ask someone to learn you to learn an instrument... you never know *wink wink*

• Learn to play some instrument
    Music really helps :)

• Touched the send button by mistake
      May be you should switch to a gym where you can find more guys of your age, so you can if not date but at least socialise

• Backpacking and outdoor skills, Cooking and Fitness are enough to make me fall for any girl !!

• i can cook and im into fitness... so i guess its something

• yup it's big since the majority of girls nowadays can't cook and a lot too don't work out !! but if you take look at my personal pic and the order i chose for the hobbies i mentioned it says a lot about what's more important doesn't it? :D But don't worry.. having a certain level of fitness and the ability to cook make being a backpacker kinda easy for u !

• Become a lesbian...

What Girls Said 7

• Join a gym that have zumba class or salsa lessons, etc. It's fun.

Go bowling with your friends... or the zoo or the movies.. shopping... paintball... put ur favorite heels on & go dancing in a lounge/ club etc.

Start a blog about something your passionate about or get a journal.

• See if you can do some volunteer work at the hospital or library though I think you would meet better people if you volunteered at the hospital.

• start dancing.. alone.. just let it go... :)

• Honestly you have to do things that make you happy because people, including guys will know that you are happy with your life! Go to the gym, do yoga, do pilates, go surfing, go hiking, volunteer, etc

• Martial arts! If you can't be with guys learn how to beat them up! :)

• Knitting is good!

• i have tried it before.. no good for me

• What about kinky sexual practices... They can be distracting and interesting!

• Join come clubs and make new friends?