How much do u have to make ($$$) to live without your parents?

How much do u have to get paid to have your own apartment? What if u have a roommate? Im in college but my tuition is paid for in scholarships and grants. But I mention that Im college to let u know Im not making like a bilion dollars a week lol. Any tips? Thanks in advance :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to make enough to pay your bills lol. Just add up rent, look online for places to rent to get an idea of how much monthly rent is where you live. You could also try those apartments that are specifically for college students, so you would have a few roommates as well as cheaper rent.

Also make sure when you add in utilities, that you don't forget the little utilities like water and garbage, if they make you pay those separately. Don't forget food in your budget/personal items or pet items,, if you have one. Car note/insurance/gas if you have one.

I would suggest being at a job for a few months before you move out to save up the first and last months rent that you will have to put down and to also have an extras month or two worth of rent in savings in case something happens and you need it.

Honestly if you're over 21, I would suggest a bartender/waitress/casino job. That's what I do and I make pretty good money for just part time work. They also hire for barbacks and in the restaurant sections, cage cashiers if you're good with money etc. Also lots of Daiquiri places here hire college students and I have a friend who did that and made good tips as well.

If you're under 18 then try a normal restaurant waitress job, if you can get experience at a decent restaurant you can make pretty good tips. Also I have a friend who is a delivery driver for a pizza place here, on the weekends he can make around $100 if not more in tips on some nights, just some ideas.

What Guys Said 5

• It is a question of sitting down and working out rent, bills etc maybe some for yourself and maybe savings - Add all them up and you have your figure

• Depends on where you live. If in San Francisco or Manhattan, better expect to have 3 roommates. In the same room.

• It depends on where you live. For example here in the South it is very cheap to live, but if you live in a big city in California you will have to pay a shit-ton of rent so people out there tend to live with their parents or grandparents a lot.

• That is a question I'm scared for, honestly...
    Bills...

One can only imagine the horror of running out on toilet paper

• Well, find out how much to rent in a place near you is. Then, find a job (or two, if necessary) to pay for it as well as water, electricity, food, and other expenses.

What Girls Said 2

• I work part time at a pizza shop and occasionally I do deliveries and the tips were really good. I could earn like $AUD100 per weekend (or sometimes it's more).

• Depends on your area. For example for a 600 square feet studio , you have to pay 1200 in rent and that doesn't include utilities. You also have to pay for gas, phone, cable, etc. you do the math for your area