Is this assault?

Someone checked a boiling cup of coffee over my neck and back, I have pictures of there'd burns on my neck and pictures of the splatter from it on the walls can I take it to the police?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you can take it the police and say you are worried it will happen again if you don't do something about it - this will push them to action - you can also mention verbal threats if they happened. If one police officer ignores you - don't file a police report - go to a different police station and repeat your story to somebody who takes you seriously. Do it NOW cause burn wounds usually heal pretty quickly and you don't want to lose evidence against your assailant.

• I got pictures

• oh that is good for your case. Go and do something to protect yourself and get justice for what happened to you.

What Girls Said 2

• You could probably sue them for damages but I don't think you could prove intent to harm you (necessary for assault charges).

• yes, it is!!!
    you should probably report it.

What Guys Said 7

• HELL YES that's assault (with a weapon, no less)!

If you WANT to take it to the police, DO IT.

Is this person, by chance, an intimate partner? If so...
    Get help. Get out. Call the police, if you want state involvement in your life. She committed a crime and deserves to go to jail.

• If it was intentional, then yes it'd be considered assault with a deadly weapon.

• That's is assault

• Was it on purpose? if yes, it's assault

• Yes, that is absolutely assault. Yes, go to the police.

• Yes, that is assault. That doesn't mean you can press charges for it. If you were the aggressor, they will be able to have you locked up too. A verbal tirade is assault too.

• They were the instigator

• They threw it at face level so that's intent to cause serious harm cause they went for my eyes

• assault ALWAYS has intent to cause serious harm. That is why they call it assault. Was it a woman?

• If it was on purpose sure. If it was accidental like it fell out of their hand or they slipped then I don't know what can be done about that

• No the chucked it

• Then yeah they can tried for assault.