After this gay pride on facebook, should we make a virgin pride as well?

OK, I am no virgin personally, but here is the thing.
Gay people got shamed for being gay by SOME people, now they are making a pride out of their sexual interest.

If virgos are also looked down at by SOME people should they also make street parade, or have some special profile pic on social sites? Perhaps it could remind people that at some point purity also has it's value (both male or female)

• Doesn't make sense to me
  • Makes sense

Most Helpful Guy

• But there already is a virgin parade cdn1.epictimes.com/.../...on-Super-Comic-Con-1.png

Hahaha but joking aside I don't see the logic sure they get made fun of I was a virgin and a late bloomer but its not like we were oppressed by other peoples views and bigotry and made it illegal for us to have equal rights as those who have had sex we were at the most made fun of also I don't agreebecause as you mentioned having pride in the purity of being a virgin there is already too many virgins who think they are almost better than everybody else who have had sex because they haven't and they are "pure" and then that brings in views that not all virgins have and that whole I'm holier than thou thing is annoying its almost telling people that have had sex earlier than then that they are terrible it reminds me of the whole fat acceptance what happened when women began to be proud of being "curvy" aka fat they started shaking women who were skinny as if they were the problem that's not fixing the problem that's just becoming just as bad as those who Made fun of you. I was virgin not for religious reasons not because I wanted it to be "special" not because I didn't want to be a slut and be pure instead but because I just haven't found a girl I cared about and felt close to to have sex with I think that if this were a thing back when I was a virgin I wouldn't of gone to the "virgin parade" I would actually think its pathetic and silly while being a virgin myself.

What Girls Said 8

• If you wanna celebrate not having been laid, then you go ahead and do that.
    As far as I know, people were never prosecuted, killed or deemed mentally ill for being virgins, and the only thing you have to do to stop being a virgin, is have sex. There is no such thing as "virgin rights" and they never had to fight, to be treated as equal human beings. It's not a huge part of your life, it's just a temporary bodily state.

• I dislike the idea that never having sex makes you "pure" and therefore better than anyone else.

• Being a virgin is a phase and a choice (99% of the time), being gay is a lifestyle and not a choice. Neither are shameful but i dont think we should have "virgin pride". Gay pride is important because people and their lifesyles are celebrating who they are. That doesn't apply with virginiy.

• Neither make sense

• I get what you are trying to say, but it sounds ridiculous. No one would attend. A lot of people are ashamed of being virgins so they'd rather not say. It's also based on how private someone is about their status. I personally think both are stupid.

• Um.. "purity also has it's value"

No, it doesn't. Just because someone's a virgin doesn't make them worth anymore than someone else? o_e

• I'm all for it. Its rare to see men take pride in their purity. Pretty cool.

• "Purity" You say that as if not being a virgin, is wrong and shameful.

• Not at all. I'm not a virgin. And I'm not shameful. Its usually a worldwide statement that virgins represent "purity". You clearly misunderstood because I don't know how you came up with that conclusion 😕@shaenielson

• It makes sense but it won't happen. Virgins are more likely to linked to be linked be Christians so they will remain as a targeted group.

What Guys Said 14

• Seems too egotistical to me.

I'm being looked down upon for playing Magic the Gathering, I dare say we march up to town hall and stage a Magic Pride. Maybe a anti-Gay pride? I should have my rights to judge others without being called racist or homophobic too, let's do a pride on that too.

Not a major issue, not heavily discriminated, not outlawed. Don't be silly.

• Purity has no value, in fact the idea of sexual purity is detrimental, so I voted A).

• What about pedophile pride?

Their love for children is just on another level. Why nobody protects their rights?

• Y u so crazy Russia? XD

• @WhatTheHellAmy
      If you're going to troll libtards on GaG with methods I've mentioned, can you please be so kind and PM me the link?
      I want to see their butthurt :D

• Hahaha of course, I'll tell you how I trolled them XD

Yeah, sure, I think a 14 y/o girl can be very mature, I don't see why people get all crazy about it. Above 11/12 a girl can decide, there are many cases where girls get pregnant even younger, and it was all because they agreed to do it. It's kinda stupid blame other people when you have the choice in your hands. Except for raping of course...

• Sounds like a reasonable idea to me - Some people are proud to be virgins

• If they wanna get together and do it, go ahead.

• Virgins aren't persecuted as a whole group and dont have to fight to be recognized and not possibly killed, so no.

• Homosexuality is a sexual orientation.
    Being a virgin is just not having sex for the first time.
    You can't correspond the two.

• That seems a bit random.

Virginity is not a sexual orientation, and I honestly think it is sufficiently fetichized already.

• Isn't emulating faggots the reason they're virgins to begin with?

• It would just offend all the sluts and whores.

• there would be a lot less pain and regret.

• Yes. I was a virgin until I was 20 just recently. I highly commend people who wait.

• No, because it's not and never was ILLEGAL to be a Virgin

• virgins don't want to stay virgins while gays are happy with what they are so it doesn't make sense.

• some of them do want to stay till marriage and they want to show that their purity is worth something.

• "Especially in countries like South Africa" you do realize that in South Africa the white are at the top of the food chain they are fewer but they have most of the money and the power are you even aware of the socioeconomic struggles that have been going on in that country? Or did it just sound good in your mind because it had the word Africa in the countries name so you thought there must be a minority of oppressed white people.

• Also wouldn't be a great idea to hold White Pride in South Africa since it could allude to apartheid times.