What were pedophiles like in their younger years and where does this starts?

I still can't understand why would any adult even have sexual urges towards kids or even teens. But I'm wondering what's the origin of a pedophile and when do those sick urges for them start kicking in? Or were they always like this, even as kids themselves at some point?

Note: I realized there are a couple sick female pedophiles too. Same question for them. How do they start?

Biggest scum of the earth but how do they start out of as a pedophile in the first place?

Why do they even have those sick, perverted and twisted desires for kids and teens? Why can't they be normal person with regular desires towards someone their age or even desires for threesomes?

Most Helpful Guy

• People like that were just never wired correctly from the factory.

• yeah I believe nature has something to do with it too besides being raised in a bad environment. Not everyone that got abused as a child or grew with bad role models turns out to be a pedophile.

What Guys Said 5

• As I saw in one of the answers some attracted by the purity of children. Others were abused as children and think it is kinda of normal - The wired differently theory is there as well as they claim to love children - I don't know if we fully know the reason why we just know it is unacceptable and inappropriate plus illegal

• Because they find children more attractive, I guess. Why? Could be a sense of 'purity', 'cuteness ', or just a means to be "respected and look upon", a cheap way to get power. I have no idea, really. I see nothing appealing in the lack of secondary sexual characteristics.

• I guess. So far with the replies, this is my theory (short story) of how pedophiles started out as, not sure if this correct though:

Once upon a time pedophile 1, a then innocent 6 year-old kid was playing doctor with a friend and a kid his same age. He found interested in the sexual game and the kid his age, while not realizing he wouldn't be 6 forever. By the time he was 10-12 years old, he would be into finding other 6 year-old and so on. He become a pedophile by a child game that wasn't corrected on time and lack of supervision.
      And that very first pedophile would introduce pedophile into the world. Then others as adults would start doing that to kids and the cycle has forever gone endlessly.

• I found 6 year old kids attractive when I was 6, but I also found 13 year old kids attractive when I was 13. And now I'm 23 so I find girls around 21-25 attractive, so that's how it is! Some people get bogged down, I don't know why. I think it's creepy how some women only date "older men".

• Who knows and what is normal.
    Maybe in some it is in childhood to ad some children like playing with younger friends.

• True. We'll never the real origin. I'm guessing it's a sick disorder they were always born with while my friend and several others think they were abused by another pedophile when they were kids yet that doesn't answer how did that very first pedophile (and one that abused them and going as far as as the first pedophile) started as.

• In some cases this could be true I guess we will never know.
      It's a unfortunate world we live in.

• How are they different in terms of social justice than, say, homosexuals?

• Not a valid comparison, age is not the same distinction as sex. Even if you would like to make them seem the same, preteens have no secondary sexual characteristics. It makes no sense to be attracted to them.

• I feel no hypocrisy whatsoever, a teen under the age of 14 won't be trusted in their identification with being transgender or homosexual either. All of these are decisions you have to be a legal adult for, which is the age of 18.

• @Mesonfielde
      Then why it's happening and is perfectly acceptable in EU/NA?

• Threesomes are a bad idea generally.

What Girls Said 3

• They were mostly abused or sexually molested as children.

• They probabaly tortured animals when they were a kid

• Thankfully, I’m not a pedophile so I can’t precisely answer that. Based on crime shows and psychological readings, pedophilia often starts when people have been sexually abused as children. NOT EVERYONE, but many people who were sexually abused become reoffenders as an attempt to get their power back.

• My friend and others think that too that they weren't born like that and rather they were abused. But then there would have to be an origin for the very first pedophile too.
      It does sometimes like pedophile 3 got abused as a kid by pedophile 2, which got abused by pedophile 1 but then what about pedophile 1? I guess he must have learned it on his own.