Do you think being called a catfish is a compliment (if you're actually who you say you are)?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think sometimes it's a kneejerk reaction people have when someone seems too good to be true. It also prevents them from getting hurt later on if a person does end up being a catfish. I would call it a compliment because it probably means you're good looking/and more rarely: a great personality

What Guys Said 3

• If you are a girl usually means you are gorgeous

• Right. Ur too ugly to look beyond ugly 😘

• I guess in a certain way it could be seen as a compliment. But I don't know, cuz I'm actually 40 and living in my parent's basement.

What Girls Said 6

• I'd take it as a compliment.

• In this case, I think it's a sort of "insult" not a compliment. If you're being true, why someone would call you a catfish?
    If you were catfishing just for fun, then it would be a "compliment".

• I've never been accused of it. I'm not really sure how I'd feel. I'd probably just laugh.

• Compliment? No, not really. I would be offended. Cause it means they're calling me fake and a liar

• Yeah, I see it as a compliment. People have to try seeing the bright side on things more often.

• I'm not sure what that even means