Would you be in favor of humane/non-lethal global population control in the worse case scenario?

In the future the world is overpopulated and the planet we are terraforming is not yet ready for humans to live there. There is barely enough food and water to feed even those in wealthy countries. Would you be in favor of global population control along these guidelines?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't make it a rule, I would set up a system where having 2 kids and not ore or less is beneficial. Such as tax breaks and benefits to naturally keep the system going. that way, if people really want kids, they will make that financial choice because it is worth it to them.

The only problem then comes from people who want kids, but are not even close to affording them... But I would imagine a system that encourages 2 kids just to maintain the population.

The other problem would be that this can not be a society of entitlements like many western nations, that rely on a larger working force than retirees...

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• No! History has shown that population control policies are the most tyrannical forms of fascism and inevitably leads to ugly outcomes. Rather than put a cap on population growth, the human race should focus on the space program and send the growing population to inhabit other planets.

• Of course, but as I pointed out this in this the case that the planet ifs overpopulated and the planet we are terraforming is not ready for humans to live there, It would be lifted once people are able to go to the new planet.

• Population control leads to its own problems like gender imbalance - This is the realm of sci-fi and those stories usually end in revolt.

• Yes, Population control IS Needed otherwise we deplete our natural resources,

I mean, China today has adopted strategies such as this, And they are working.

• Yes, if it is for the survival of the world.

• No I would not