Is it normal to be barefoot at a party?

I went to this party last night, about midnight I saw about 8 or more girls barefoot, some were dancing and some were just chatting or hanging around. I live in Florida so its pretty hot where I live, but is it normal to be barefoot at a party?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not normal.

1|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 13

• Well I live in the UK and it is certainly no different over here.. I would very often kick off my shoes/heels to go dancing.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its a pool party or trampoline party the maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure! Women's shoes are often uncomfortable, it's no surprise that they come off as the evening goes on.

I go barefoot at parties all the time. Since I'm always barefoot at home when I host parties many of the guests will also take off shoes & go barefoot too.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would go barefoot after a long night of wearing heels, I've been barefoot to parties only twice, once was a pool party and another one was at my neighbors house :P

• I take my shoes off for dancing and they probably did too but then never put them back on when they talked to people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have seen that at prom, also at weddings where girls got tired of wearing their heels and took their heels off. It is gross though and I always thought "what if they get foot fungus? the floor is filthy"
    But maybe that's the germ-a-phobe in me.

0|0
    1|0
  • no, that's very abnormal in my experience

1|0
    1|0
  • I've seen this a million times! It's not normal, it's that they don't have proper shoes so they can't stand them halfway through the party so they take them off. Personally, I think it's rude, gross, and risky cause they might get stepped on.

1|0
    1|0
  • If it is an outdoor party I see no problem with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If your wearing heels than its almost necessary

1|0
    0|0
  • It's normal because heels hurt and they're probably drunk anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I was at a party and I took off my heels cause my feet were hurting a lot. I think it's normal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's normal where I live (also Florida)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I've been barefoot in clubs before too.

0|0
    0|1