What was this caitlin jenner scandal about?

so i don't understand anything.. he was a guy and then just wanted to be a women?

Most Helpful Girl

• People found it to be fascinating because Bruce Jenner was once considered as the world’s greatest athlete and became rich from winning the Olympics. That’s inspirational for transgender men who are misperceived as weaker and more feminine.
    Another interesting element to the story was that he had been in three marriages and conceived five children as a man who wanted to be a woman since his childhood. In addition, “Caitlin” has a 17 year old daughter who is dating a grown man and has been spending her entire life details being public and every private encounter being exploited for money. She also has recently paid thousands of dollars for new lips, new breasts, and a new butt. She’s clearly got some issues going on and now her father figure has become a woman.
    There are several intriguing layers to ‘Caitlin Jenner’.

What Guys Said 4

• Well, I wouldn't really call it a 'scandal'.

Basically, Bruce jenner got jeleous that his family was all getting publicity for being whores, and being the only guy in the family naturally decided ''Screw it, Ima get tits and call myself Caitlyn''. So he could also get publicity...

• That is basically it - Not a scandal just a reality TV story

• Yes. Pretty much.

• Basically the situation was that Bruce Jenner (or Caitlyn) wanted to become a female. The only reason he had so much publicity in the last few weeks is because he is an attention whore just like the rest of his family.

What Girls Said 2

• Physically she was a guy yes, but on the inside she has always felt like a woman trapped inside a man's body. It's called being transgender.

• but she is already so old, i mean didn't she realise that sooner? she has family and everything and then all of a sudden she wants to be a women?

• Did you know that there are plenty of gay people too who have gotten married and act straight? It's because they're afraid of coming out, or because they're in denial and want to live a "normal" life. It's never too late to come out.

• and by married I mean they have gotten married to someone of the opposite gender.

• It's not a scandal. It's a human beings choice to be what they feel they should/need to be. I don't get it fully but I support freedom of choice. But yeah pretty much he's a lady now... Don't know about his "bits"... I try not to think about that...