What do Muslims think of Jesus?

There's this guy who's put Muslim in his religion on facebook, but he posted a picture of what looks like the interior of a church with a sculpture of Jesus hanging on the cross. So what are your views of Jesus if you're a Muslim?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Muslim and yes I do believe in Jesus Christ (peace be upon him) but I don't believe that he is our savior, I don't believe that he died for our sins, I don't believe that he is the lord or God, I don't believe that he is the son of God, I believe that he is a prophet, a messagner of God who was sent to guide the sons of Israel, but other than that, he is physically a human being just like any one of us, but of course he isn't a regular human being, he is one the greatest people who walked of this earth.

What Guys Said 11

• Well Muslims believe in a type of Jesus, but not the historical Jesus. Their belief in Jesus is a Jesus that never historically existed but is brought to their attention through the Quran.

They don't believe Jesus was divine, he was a created being. I don't know why that Muslim had a sculpture of Jesus or a cross in the mosque. How would you know anyway? non muslims are considered dirty and not allowed to enter a mosque for any reason. but perhaps he was contemplating finding JEsus

• I am not a Muslim. However, I do know that Muslims consider Jesus to be a prophet of God, but not himself God. Muslims consider Jesus's teachings to have been twisted by the Christians, which necessitated the final revelation, the Quran, to the prophet Muhammad. Muslims do believe in the virgin birth and the resurrection. They also believe that Jesus will return on Judgement Day.

• Jesus is the second prophet for the muslims (after Mohammed) and thus highly regarded. Also while christians believe Jesus will fight against the false messiah, muslims think Jesus will help some other person (I don't know exactly who anymore) to fight the false messiah.

On the other hand jews deny that Jesus was the son of god and are still waiting for the son of god to come to this earth.

I am no expert though, so no liability assumed.

• I think muslims believe Jesus was a prophet

• Jesus is a very important figure in Islam. He's a beloved prophet of God according to their beliefs.

• ok thanks for an answer :) So is that why a Muslim guy posted a picture of a sculpture of Jesus in an interior church? Like if Jesus is a good prophet, than do they have sculptures of him in their churches?

• It could be why he did that. I have no idea if any mosques have sculptures of Jesus.

• They don't. In Islam we have no sculptures of any Prophet etc because we believe in them without having seen them and if there was any idols/sculptures - we'd end up worshipping them
      If it makes sense...

• We believe that he's a prophet and still he didn't die the one who was hanged god made h8k look like jesus to punch him and basically jesus is still alive now but he's with God bow in he heaven

• All hail to the one and only! B-b-b-b-bring it in @arabianpwincess197 💋

• Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet just not the song of god.

• They believe he is a prohpet, named isa, he is descended from Ishmael in the quran not from Isaac. And they dont believe he died on the cross for our sinns. So its not the same Jesus from the bible.

• they revere him, but don;t think he was son of God.

• Muhammad studied the teaching of Jesus believed the sentiments but did not believe he was son of god

• ohh ok. I never really studied muslim religions. So is Muhammad like a prophet or their God?

• Christanity and Islam are both monotheistic religions based on Judaism Muhummad is the final and greatest prophet from God or in Arabian Allah some Muslims use the word Allah to distance themselfs from other religions Jesus and all the other prophets of the Old Testament are studied and in their holy book the believe Jesus was just a prophet and follow the teachings of Muhammad

• @Asker Prophet Muhammad SalAllahu Alayhi Wasalam (Peace Be Upon Him) is the last Messenger of Allah. As a Muslimah I know that he is the seal of the messengers. Meaning that after him no other Prophet came.

What Girls Said 6

• As a Muslimah I know that Hazrat Isa Alayhi Asalam (Jesus) is a Prophet of Allah SubhanatAllah

I believe that he wasn't crucified but raised to Heaven and in his place one of the people who wanted to kill him was crucified because Allah had made him appear to be Jesus.

I believe that Jesus will come back to Earth to live the life he was promised. I believe that he will come as a Muslim.

I don't see him as a God but as a Messenger of God. Neither was he the son of God. God has no family. He was given a special quality by Allah where he helped people through healing them.

He was a Prophet sent to guide people to Islam.

• They believe he was a profit.. A bonfied religion.. Not the Trinity

• jesus is a prophet.. of Allah..

• I'm pretty sure according to Islamic teachings, Jesus was just a prophet.
    Not THE prophet.

• are you seriously asking or just trying to stir pots here?

• I'm seriously asking. Why would I post this if I didn't want an answer?

• They don't velieve in him.

• But if they don't believe that Jesus is God, than does that mean they don't believe in his existence at all? Because I remember hearing something about Jesus being in their religion but not being their God so I'm curious

• They don't believe in Jesus as a divine figure, but they believe and venerate him as a prophet. A predecessor to their most important prophet, Mohammed. Kinda like how Christians see Moses.