Why is your religion any better than scientology or Mormonism, etc?

How can you possibly say your religion is better than any other religions regardless of how ridiculous it is? Catholics and muslims, for example, laugh at the beliefs of scientology or mormonism even though they respectively believe that God sacrificed himself to himself to forgive us from himself to save us from himself and that Muhammad flew up to heaven on a winged horse Or more likely a magical unicorn with wing, perhaps the my little pony

Its basically an egregiously false sense of superioroty

Hey there, creepycreeper is a verified idiot. His arguments were so weak and terrible that when i questioned then he reverted to insults and ad hominem. He embarasses the good, intelligent religious people out there and its individuals like him that give religion and discourse a bad name. Id recommend blocking him since all his opinions and beliefs are worthless
I thank everyone who can argue wothout getting offended, angry, spiteful, or insulted. You guys are the worthwhile, intelligent, and sophistocated people im the world and i wish se had more of you. wed have many less problems in the world if we had more people like you, so thank you for your collected, ratiomal selves

Most Helpful Guy

• Because ours are based on scriptures thousands of years old and prophecies that have been fulfilled. And you can actually find archaeological, geological, and historical evidence to back up Christianity or Islam. Moses and Jesus and Mohammed and Noah were all actual living people. There's a freaking rock in a desert that still pours out an infinite supply of fresh drinking water because Moses touched it. There are goddamn cities that were melted with fire hotter than the surface of the sun that no volcano could have done. Plus there's the fact we can actually cast our or control evil spirits.

So yeah, we have a right to laugh when some goth kids join a religion that is only less than a hundred years old or some idiots out West form another cult based on aliens.

• Sorry man but this is just a pure invention. Just because jesus existed doesn't mean he was the son of god or born from a virgin. Its like saying well elron hubbard and joseph smith were living people!! And sincthey were alive sooner we get a more accurate account from the. true believers. And there's no infinite water supply, its just a deep well lmfao and if a fire hotter than the sun melted a city, which there is no evidence for, it would habe ignited the atmosphere and obliterated multiple continents. And there's no such thing as spiritis lol you're just making all this shit up. you'll be predictably offended but d. you really expect me to believe this horse shit when yoy cite no evidence and mormons claim miracles for themselve?

• Yeah you know what? Getting real sick of pseudo-intellectual sheep such as yourself looking down on me.

• Joseph Smith was real too...

What Girls Said 6

• Even as a child when I called myself Christian, I always thought it weird how my religion was right and billions of other people were wrong. And how did I know if I was right or just inducted into my religion properly. Well, the teachings didn't stick, but that feeling did.

• I believe science is a tool that God gave human beings to help them improve their lives but the one who created science with its limitations and flaws is greater than the science that attempts to study the works created by the true founder of science which is God. Think of God as the person and think of science as the shoes the person wears. You can change the shoes but you can't change the person who wears them.

• This belief is no less irrational and speculative than joseph smith finding golden tablets in missisippi or ancient alien overlords. Any scentologist could argue from analogy just like you saying that science is the spaceship in which xenu explores the universe and enslaves worlds. Argumets from analogies are worthless basically

• Muslims don't hold that image of God. God doesn't sacrifice himself for anyone, thats just an exaggerated version of mercy. No one said Muhammad flew to heaven on a winged horse either. Death is a state of non existence, in my opinion. No one is better than anyone else. Any religion that is logical should support freedom of religion and there shouldn't be any compulsion. I support science, religion, and the like equally, and I try to stay open minded to other peoples views.
    Most people have abandoned their true religion anyway and are seriously hyppocrites, you gave an example yourself above. Any individual that believes their religion is superior and that no one else deserves mercy needs to review their ideals. People are loosing sight of the real purpose of their religion. I guess thats why people argure so much. Regardless, I'm here to support everyone and here to help.

• PS, the only thing that really makes psyche accept religion is a human being's potential to have faith.

• Arguing is a worthwhile venture in my opinion. I find that anyone who opposes or whines about arguing to be Narrow minded and a fool.

But anyways the stuff about muhammad is pretty absurd- -e. g. that god cared about thw petty wars in the super stitious middle east and decided to give Muhammad a vision in a cave, one day where no one could see him, and then help him become a minor warlord so that hw could help to form the sunnis and shites in order to war against themselves for the next 1500 years. finally, if no religion is more correct than any other, then what's the point of religion? Belief is useless and you might as well be an agnostic since clearly belief is irrelevant

• Your beliefs should bring you happiness. I don't think there's a "better" belief system. It's about you and where you find your peace.

• So then we should let kids keep believing in santa because it makes them happier every christmas? Or maybe we should believe that wars ans global warming don't exist to feel safer and happier? Lying to yourself to protect your mentality is called rationalization and its disgusting

• @Asker

If you didn't care you wouldn't keep trying to shove your beliefs down my throat. Your mind obviously can't comprehend someone being happy with a belief other than yours. Get it into your mind please that just because someone doesn't feel the need to shove their opinion down on others doesn't mean they are scared of anything. It just means they're tired of repeating the same shit over and over again. I have answered your question on why I choose my beliefs and have made that clear. I don't believe my beliefs is better than others... please once again get it into your brain that just because a person chooses one belief doesn't mean everything else must be wrong. I don't believe people are wrong for not wanting to eat meat or wanting to smoke etc. Just because I wish to follow a certain thing doesn't mean I'm stupid or naive enough to think my way is the only way. It's personal preference. I accept people's differences. Now please move on and stop asking the same stuff over again

• Then you basically reject your beliefs as true, but seriously whats so difficult to get understand that I like religious debate? Changing your belief won't affect me at all, for some reason you think you're so important that it's about you. Its not about you its about me liking entertaining debate. I couldnt care less whether you now decided to switch to scientology, go ahead. But if you dont believe your beliefs are more correct or better, which is a new admission for you, then you accept your beliefs are as equally likely as the evil alien overloard who stores the souls of the dead in super volcanoes along with an ancient civilizarion that were destroyed by nukes. Or jospeh smith, the convicted con man, who thought golden tablets ended up in missouri. So its progress of a kind and you sound just like an agnostic. Again its not about you though, it's about me. I like debate in case you couldn't tell

• You're using the key words "better," as well as "superiority." People believe their religions are better or more "holier than thou" because they believe they are right. That sense of "what I believe is right" can be very misleading. It's just like how we often think we are right, when we are indeed wrong, but nonetheless feel the need to knock some sense into other people's heads... then again, we are unknowingly wrong.

In your second sentence, you refer to irony and hypocrisy when stating that people of Muslim or Catholic faith belittle theories or other ways of life despite the fact that they believe in forgiveness and that Jesus died for all because of his love. Those people, whether Muslim, Catholic, or not, say it out of personal belief, not that their religions bid them to act that way. For example how you question why Catholics do such even though their God tells them otherwise, is based on their own personal actions.

• No, jesus died to save us from sins we never commited and from adam and eve who also never existed. God commited an act of human sacrificeon himself, who was born of a virgin. in order to forgive us from himself so that he could save us from himself. And he couldn't think of a bettet way to forgive us from non existent sins, This belief is just as ridiculous as the idea the joseph smith found golden tablet in missisippi Or evil alien overlords. Im talkng about how on earth people can claim the truth of their equally insane religious beliefs when nobody has special knowledge

• So wait you agree that its illogical for God to be mending ankles while letting children of 6 die horribly from cancer while their family has been praying for years? God certainly has a sense of humor then and is quite sadistic. DId you also not like my placebo explanation for the ankle? should a parent go an help one of his children with a hurt ankle, or should the father prioritize his other child which is having a heart attack and begging for daddy to help? You're saying that God doesn't answer every wish but does occasionally answer minor and petty ones. And God is the one who gives cancer. He created a universe that allows for cancer and he gives humans a genetic propensity for a cancer and he makes chemicals and viruses which cause cancer and he has the power to cure cancer easily. But dont worry he fixes broken ankles and finds car keys for various pastors and helps the warriors wiin basketball games. There are billions dying horribly as testaments against

• You know whats a better explanation? God isn't involved and doesn't care, and people just have bad luck. How can't you see why this explanation is so much better and easier and more logical than what I wrote above?

• There are many people who don't think their religion is superior. I don't think mine is any better than a Jew or a Muslim. I love all of them but I just don't agree with their doctrines. Some Mormons call themselves Christian but I don't think they are because their book contradicts with the bible. In all seriousness I am no better than a homeless person.

• So believing in any religion is pointless since none are more correct compared to any other?

• No but your feelings are 100% reliable so can. I get your feelings on the nasdaq for next week?

• Also isn't it extremely arrogant to say that your feeling is more right than my true feeling that your feelings are just fake feelings resulting from a desire to believe? your feelings domt know the truth of the universe

What Guys Said 14

• It's not better, my religion simply works for me. It may not for you, and that's fine. I don't proselytize nor do I appreciate when others try and convert me. There are many paths to the Devine and I respect anyone's right to choose that path. I also respect the right for others to deny that there is anything beyond this world. But again to try and convert me to atheism is another form of proselytizing. Ultimately all I ask is for people to leave me and my beliefs alone. Will they hold up under scientific scrutiny? Of course not, nor should they as science is only interested in unknowns that can be measured somehow.

• Im not an atheist nor do i care if you want to become one. Im an agnostic and im probably the most rational because my position is simply that no one has enough knowledge to know thw truth of the supernatural or divine. I think a god that cares about your prayers though has no evidence and is just as unlikely as leprechauns. I mean nobody forced you to come to this thread though. Plus if your confident in your beliefs it shouldn't be a problem to debate them. If you're afraid to debate your beliefs it means you're inherently insecure about them

• I think the world would be a better place if everyone was skeptical of their beliefs and always looking to prove themselves wrong. Also if everyone was willing to admit their ignorance about things they cannot know fewer religious wars would happen

• I'll disagree for the following, the religious experience is a personal experience such as a dream. There is as yet no measurement for it and can not be verified externally, yet it has a profound impact apon the individual. It's universal enough to not be an abnormality from a psychological perspective, and most individuals who have some form of religious practice have experienced it in one form or another. It's this experience that convinces people that their religion is correct, and allows them to suspend belief and accept metaphor as teaching. (Most rational people understand that religious teaching is metaphor ). Skepticism can not exist when personal experience over rides it. As there is no higher authority than you when it comes to personal experience. You are unable to argue what I dream, as you have no basis for argument.

• They're not its just that those two religions you mentioned are new compared to the other religions and that's why more people think its more ridiculous.

• well partially but I also think it's because people apply rationality to everyone's faith except their own

• Yeah that too

• I've never said mine was better or right

• You should read in between the lines lol, this is clearly for people who believe their religion is right. If you dont think your religion is right then you're not religious and this doesn't apply to you. I respect peoples intelligence too much to spell this out

• You need to read. I never said mine was right but I do think it. Now who's the idiot

• You are, old man. You'd think a relic like you would be wiser. Its a completely stupid comment to say that you never said your religion was right since i never dirctly asked you, especially when you do think your religion is right. I assumed you werent stupid, my bad, so I thought you meant that you didn't think it was more correct or better. I mean you're probably something fail too like a Christian scientist to top it off.

• I am non religious so in a way it is unique to any other religions, it is based on my values

• I never said or claimed my religion is better lolz

• My lack of religion is the best religion. Seriously.

• Because Flying Spaghetti Monster offers Beer Volcano and strippers in the afterlife.

• An infinity of that would get old after about a month lol

• With the infinity of beer and strippers... unlikely.

• It's more fun.

• I think it is because they are basically cults

• scientology and mormonisms are not actually religions. they are sects or cults

• I like this quote: “In a cult there is a person at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion that person is dead.”

And by that metric Mormonism and Scientology are religions now...

• Every religion is just a cult that many people believe in

• A mythology is a religion that no one believes in anymore

• I'm a satanist and people act almost the same way. Its frustrating. Why can't we all believe in what we want to. People get scared when I say the at or tur. There nose up to me

• Do you actually believe in the devil lol? Because the devil is just as irrational as muhammad on the winged horse

• Yes I do he is very misunderstood

• Mormonism is quite like Islam really. They're both a rip off of Christianity with new rules and so created to suit the 'prophet', such as polygamy because they fancy having more than one woman on stand by. Both Joseph Smith and he who shall not be named (I don't want incite a fatwa...) were allegedly illiterate too, as if that somehow gives them credibility. Because you now you need to be able to read to make up rubbish...

• well christians rip off greek and eygptian mythology, if were going to argue on this basis, the first religions were the correct ones.

• Its not lol im just saying christianity and islam aren't any better in regards to plagarism

• Well Christianity is a rip off of Judaism, whereas Islam and mormonism are rip offs of rip offs, so that's getting pretty ridiculous.

• My religion is better than Scientology and Mormonism because:

1. My religion cannot be dis-proven
    2. My religion can be said to be likely to be true
    3. My religion can stand-up to science and fact-checking

In essence, my religion is true, they are not.

• Scientology cannot be disproven, there's no good reason why your religion should be true amd you haven't provided any justification for how its superior, and how does your religion stand up to science? Basically all religions cannot be proved or disproved especially in regards to science. In essence you're only assuming your religion is true when any Muslim or Christian or hindu or scientologist could make the same arguments

• Muhammad denies the fact that diseases pass on between people and animals.

This is a Sahih Hadith. Rawahu : Al Bukhari & Muslim. In this hadith, Mohammed contradicts science and says that there is no such thing as infection ( passing of diseases between infected animals or humans) . This claim is stupid as it is proven by modern that infectious diseases ARE PASSED BETWEEN INFECTED ANIMALS.

source:
      www.reddit.com/.../

Disproved Islam = done

• Regarding disproving Christianity, you have to make the distinction between the Bible and Christianity as believe and practised my most.
      The reason is almost no Christians are actually following the Bibles teachings, but non Biblical beliefs have infiltrated Christianity so Christianity today has almost no relation to what Jesus was teaching.

So, when you say disprove Christianity, what do you mean by Christianity?

• Because it is atheist : )