Pro-choice: a question for you?

So, there is this thing called ectogenesis that scientists have been researching (I would suggest taking a look at it online, cool stuff). Basically, it is the study of raising embryotic humans into human babies outside of the female body using artificial wombs.
If a child could be removed safely from the woman's body and put into an artificial womb, would you be ok with getting rid of abortion?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm not sure. True @Distant it would be a huge burden on taxpayers but even if this did work where the child go? It should not go into foster care, the foster care system is horrible kids get bullied everyday even sexually harassed. It wold not feel loved because it has no biological parents the child might be teased for not coming from a womb but from a science project

• He or she would have biological parents. People don't come from nothing. The question would be is living in a foster home worse than not living at all?

• They are having a bit of trouble with the hormone control. Apparently, there are over 1000 designed shifts in hormones that an embryo goes through on it's way to becoming a baby (explains the hormone shifts in mothers more than adequately), and the scientists are having a helluva time trying to replicate it perfectly. Also, while they have found a way to safely remove a zygote from the uterus, a more developed embryo is a little more difficult, and they haven't had the same success, although really, either way it ends up as an abortion anyways because we don't have the artificial womb anyways.

• Thanks for the MHO

What Girls Said 1

• That doesn't change the fact that the child stays unwanted. Women get abortions because they don't feel ready to proceed with a pregnancy and they might not be in the position yet to give the child a quality life. So I don't see how placing the fetus somewhere else is going to solve the problem which is that in that particular instance having a child was not desirable hence why the abortion was wanted in the first place.

• It still takes away from the "my body, my choice" mentality. That's what makes the law. Women's right to their body.

• they have to get rid of their child because they can't support them the way they would like to. Society doesn't progress until the least of us are taken care of.

• Look, this argument has gotten way off course. I am mostly to blame for that, and I am sorry. So, at any rate, one of the main benefits of ectogenesis is that by not forcing the woman to go through pregnancy, she can continue to work at bettering her life. At the point that she is comfortable in raising a child, which I would assume would happen at some point in her adult life since she would necessarily need to be sexually active to get pregnant (exception to rape victims). She could give the baby to the ectogenesis company, and realize a year or two later, oh, I really want this child in my life because she is ready now, she can take the child back, all of the fuss of raising the child, such as diaper changing and buying (ungodly expenses averted), midnight crying, etc. Basically, I am saying that no human being should go to waste.

What Guys Said 5

• No because these children would be a burden on the taxpayers.

• As opposed to the millions of people on welfare? At least they could grow up to be productive members of society?

• I guess the question I want to ask is: is the life of a child worth government money, or should the government not afford it's youngest citizens the chance to be productive members of society?

• Should we have a system in place for children who are born then abandoned? Yes.

Should we systematically take babies out of women who don't want them and raise them instead of abortion? No.

• I would agree to that then the child could be adopted

• That is a hard moral choice for me, I'd have to seriously think on that one.

• Abortion (killing or murdering unborn humans), is not about pro-choice or any other kind of political propaganda.

It's about convenience, the state safes money, the women gains freedom of personal responsibility, and the farther gain less of no paternity costs at all.

Win win win, only the victims pay the price.

• I'm ok with it but the women would have to pay