How do I get used to going to bed at 10?

I'm a 19 year old on holidays so I used to go to bed at 5-6 and wake up at 1-2 pm.

But recently I decided I would change my schedule and now I go to bed at 11-12 pm and wake up at 6-7:30 am. What happens is that sometimes I only sleep around 5-6 hours or so and I would prefer to have my 8 hour sleep, so now I'm seriously considering going to bed at 10, which is a major change for me since it will be dinner -> some relaxational activity for 1 hour or so -> straight off to bed. My usual day is dinner -> reading or watching a film -> eating -> bed, and I would still sometimes wake up hungry in the middle of the night after having eaten twice, and from now on I'll probably eat just once before bed.

Any clues on how to make my body adapt easier to going to sleep earlier than it ever did?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it in one big step gradually work towards it and your body will settle into an 11 to 7 night's sleep

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Expose yourself to sunlight on a regular basis. It will help to reset your circadian clock.