Is it wrong to sympathize with Dzhokar Tsarnaev?

He was so young when he did it and he was pressured by his brother. I think the death penalty is too harsh and it's also kind of absolutely barbaric. He could be rehabilitated, not tortured.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm from Boston, and this kid can go fuck himself. "Sorry" doesn't really matter in this case, with his little apology routine. One of the little kids he killed was from five minutes from where I grew up in Dorchester. I was a little 8 year old Dorchester kid once too, 25 years earlier, so it kind of hits home. His little sister had her leg amputated at six years old. Mom took a bunch of shrapnel in her skull. All because they wanted to cheer on their father crossing the finish line. That day was probably circled on that family's calendar for months and expected to be a joyful occasion, and instead it will forever be the anniversary of the day a man's life and family was destroyed, all because he wanted to challenge himself physically. I can't even imagine the second-guessing and agonizing that Bill Richard must live with everyday. And that's just one family. Dozens of others were hurt or killed. And "hurt" in this case probably means their leg was amputated. Imagine that for a minute. Imagine you just go to do something fun one day and some maniac drops a pipe bomb at your feet, there's a flash, and in an instant you're sitting there wondering where your legs went and all of the life bleeding out of you. Forever changed, stuck with metal pegs to learn to stand and walk on, all because of some nutjob's extremist religious views. There is no punishment for that brutal or barbaric enough to satisfy me. I'm actually pissed he's getting the easy way out. The death penalty doesn't do it for me anymore, it's not like you fry these guys or gas them, it's a simple injection, like putting a sick animal to sleep. I want this kid to suffer as much as possible. I want this kid thrown in the can with real psychos who will beat and rape him DAILY for the next 50 years, or until they finally beat him to death. This kid deserves nothing but constant fear and agony. He's getting off light if you ask me.

• What about Iraqi children?

• I think that it's entirely reasonable that dead Iraqi children would hit home for you more than Bostonian children would, and the opposite for me. I think we can all agree that nobody wants to see innocent kids from anywhere get killed. I'm just saying that, yes, when it happens in your own backyard, you get a little extra fired up. I'm not really sure what Iraqi kids have to do with this though, Tsarnaev isn't from Iraq, he's from Chechnya. You're free to feel any type of way about him that you want, and so am I. If you want to feel bad that he got persuaded to do something by his brother, that's up to you. But I have a philosophy that I apply to most things in life: "reasons and circumstances don't matter, all that ultimately matters and affects us is WHAT HAPPENED." We can sit around and come up with sob stories for why all kinds of evil people throughout history found their way to that point. I don't care why Tsarnaev did it. It doesn't matter why. All that matters is the...

• ... outcome: a bunch of innocent people minding their own business were killed or maimed at a sporting event because two wingnuts wanted to make a political/religious statement. There's no excuse in the world for that. If you knowingly did it, that's all there is to it. How you were inspired or coerced to go about doing it is completely irrelevant.

What Guys Said 5

• You only feel bad for him cause you think he was hot quit making excuses for him its not like his brother would have killed him if he didn't kill.

• Nah, I would honestly pay to watch him get tortured.
    He's nothing but scum. I hope his death is long and painful.

• If he was given a lighter sentence every criminal would try the defence I was pressured into doing it.

• Absolutely it is

• Do you know just what he did? Fuck that! Deep fry his ass! Fucking terrorist!

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know what he did but you should know the legal system is not designed to administer justice, is it designed to protect the interests of the community is determined by government, social groups and resistance groups. This is why people who attack police officers get 40 years in jail without parole while people who rape and molest little girls get 15 years in jail.

• Yes. He admitted to being a terrorist. He has been found guilty and sentenced according to his crimes. His pretty face does not excuse him.

• LOL WTF ASKER ARE U FUCKING RETARDED OR A TROLL? READ THE FUCKING NEWS XD WOWOWOWOW LMAO DUMBASS A+++

• What?

• Yeah. I don't care if he was brainwashed.

• Lol if he was ugly as fuck, no one would think twice.