Have you ever tried fasting for Ramadhan?

Most Helpful Girl

• I tried it out for one day when I was living with a muslim.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not Muslim, so I'm not gonna deprived my body from such delicious gift as food for something I don't believe in.

• Its no about depriving your body. Its about understanding the plight of those who don't get to eat a single meal a day for many days. Until you don't feel that pang of hunger knowing you can't eat anything you don't realise what you take for granted. And fasting helps learn that because if I felt hungry I'd go and eat. So I won't know what it feels like to not eat for days. But if I have to fast, I feel hungry but I cannot eat anything until a certain hour of the day. Hence it makes you appreciate what you have

• As you know I'm Muslim but I really don't see the reason why you got 3 downvotes lol, you didn't say anything bad or offense. I'm sure they got it the wrong way.

• @YazanAA I know it could have sounded like I'm disrespecting Ramadhan, but it wasn't my intention, I guess that's why they downvoted, they misinterpreted my words.
      Or maybe they downvoted me cause I said I'm not Muslim, I don't know, but anyways I already explained what I meant if there were any more confusions, if they wanna keep downvoting, then I don't care xD
      I knew you wouldn't take it the wrong way :)

What Girls Said 10

• yes i always fast in the month of ramadan :)
    Always.

• Yes, I am currently fasting :)

• yes.. for the whole month... i m muslim..

• Uhm.. moree like: have I ever not tried? xp

• Yes because I live in a Muslim country and my best friend (who is also my housemate) is a Muslim. I tried for few days. Sometimes I take dinner together with her.

• I have no reason to, not being Muslim.

• I have. It's not that difficult -rolls eyes-

• Yes I have tried fasting, it can be difficult :/

• I fast during lent, which is for 40 days. But I did tried fasting during ramadhan as well, I fast as in I didn't eat anything, but I drank water. So I don't think it counts right? Well at least I tried haha

• No I don't follow foolish religious practices.

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah of course since I'm a Muslim lol, I started fasting at the age of 7-8 I think... I do have a friend ( who is actually a Muslim) and his mother is an Ukrainian Christian, he told me that she fasts the whole month every year.

• I fast but because I'm Catholic, Catholics fast during lent, which is over a month a half. But we don't take out water because that starts being problematic with brain damage possibilities

• I didn't realise Catholics fasted. You learn something new every day

So you fast for 45 days? But you can drink water just not eat?

• Yeah, only water. Yeah, the fasting stems back to the apostles

• I think I'd be stressing too much lol. I have not tried

• Yeah once with a Muslim friend but I didn't last long cause dad walked in one day with a few boxes of pizza and that was that lol

• I did intermittent fasting as weight loss method, but never tried fasting for religious purposes.

Personally, it sounds hard for me.
    No water, no food, no sex for most of the day and this goes on for a month, too much for me. But those who participate in it have true commitment.

• I am not a Muslim, so no. I think it would be very difficult.

• It sounds very tough especially for people in the 17-20 hour country

• Nope I am not a muslim, but many GaGers here do.

• I broke it 1hr and so minutes ago, i do it daily

• No, you know why? Because I'm not stupid.

• Thats just all levels of wrong

• didn't your mother teach you to b respectful of ppl's beliefs? Or simply to refrain from making dumbass coments