Is Instagram the most stupid social networking site?

It's one website revolves around all the narcisistic aspects of Facebook. At least with Facebook there are valid reasons to be on it such as long distance friends, community organizing, and business promotion.

With instagram, it's just one big beauty and popularity contest that's not even fair. I could never join because people like Kim K get 1 million likes and no one can compete with that and as a result you feel like a nobody no matter what. I guess I can understand the desire for Instagram if you're a photographer, but then again it makes true photography too easy because you can add filters to everything and not worry about shading and exposure in real life.

What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't know it was a competition APP

• It seems that way, doesn't it? If it wasn't, why don't you just have your own private scrapbook? When you put it all online, you look at others with thousands if not millions of views and likes and feel like your life doesn't measure up just because some people happen to be in the public eye and everything they do is celebrated and over-appreciated.

• I don't have one, but friends that do use it seem to use it to show their friends whats the person is experiencing in life. Not so much to get followers and get famous.

What Guys Said 8

• Yep. It's just pictures and tagging right? Facebook already has pictures, messaging, tagging, and status updates, so in my eyes Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat are all useless.

• I don't even know what Snapchat is, LOL. I don't think another thing to take up my thing besides FB.

That's another one of my points. Most of these networks are just repeats of each other, so much overlap

• I don't know instagram that well but I think FB is

• No it isn't like that. Instagram is so that you can share pictures of your day with your friends. And if you choose to, with the whole instagram community. It isn't a popularity contest when it is just your friends. That being said the more famous acounts for different celebs are definitely in a popularity contest, but celebrities are always in a popularity contest thats how they get paid.

• From what i've seen, most people who use Instagram are only doing it for attention grabbing, nothing more really. It kind of boosts your already low ego when you have people telling you how 'pretty' or 'sexy' you are.

• Lol have one but never used it :p

• still better than Tinder.

• All I read was "waaaaahhhhh! waaaaaahhhhh! waaaaahhhhh! I'm not pretty enough for Instagram!" It's not really social networking.

• I never said that but okay :s I never even used Instagram :/

(I didn't know what other category to group it in)

• Instagram
    Twitter
    I see them all as pointless

• Forgot about Twitter. The I only had to spend 10 minutes on the website before my brain started to hurt. I can only take so many "Pancakes for breakfast, yay!" type comment. Gah!

• Never even bothered to make an account. I do have Facebook but that was from eighth grade.

What Girls Said 3

• No, it is not. I met a lot of amazing people through instagram and I don't care about the amount of likes/followers. I deleted my "bigger" account and remade, now only people I trust are following me. I am on private so I can either accept/decline follow requests.

So yeah, I only follow my real friends, my favourite celebrities/models (just because I like seeing their updates) and some food/baking accounts (for inspiration) on instagram.

It all depends on HOW you use it.

• I use Instagram and I'm far from narcissistic. People post all types of pics on there, not just of themselves. Yes there are some who use is in narcissistic ways, but not everybody does.

• Yeah I used photography purposes as an example :) But being honest, 90% of use is based around self-portraits and how much attention you can get :s It just makes you feel bad

• It's all about how you use it.

• No it isn't, I love Instagram